THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Adventures in Reading: A to Z

>> Friday, July 14, 2006

I started out 2006 with a particular reading goal in mind. I wanted to read my way through 2 lists of 26 books. The first would be A-Z by Title, and the second would be A-Z by Author. I got the idea from an online book group member who was doing something similar. When I put the list together, I started with my existing list of books I wanted to read and filled in what letters I could. I actually got most of them. Then I went in search of books to complete the missing spaces on the list.

At this point in the year I’ve completed the A-Z by Title list and am just about halfway through the A-Z by Author list.

I’ve always been an avid reader and never kept track of my reading until a couple of years ago. I participate in an online booklovers group and others in that group encouraged me to start tracking my books and reading. Until this year that has been a simple spreadsheet listing of titles, authors, pages and nothing much more. I’m a stats freak so the numbers are fun.

There is a columnist who writes for our local paper who annually asks readers to send in their reading lists. He writes a column or two about it, as well as announcing a few awards for the most books and pages read. I’ve sent in my reading lists to him for the past 2 years. This year I decided that I wanted to send more than just a random list, so the idea of an A to Z reading adventure was born. I also decided to expand my simple list to include a comment or two about each book along the way.

Now, at just over the halfway point in the year and three-quarters of the way through my A to Z Reading Adventure, I feel compelled to expand this even further, so here I am.
I’ll begin by posting the books I’ve read so far this year and then continue as I complete my A to Z list. After that, who knows where my reading adventures will lead.

2 comments:

Booklogged 8/06/2006 9:05 PM  

I've contemplated trying this, but it scares me. Don't know if I could read the next book in line and then the next. What if something comes up and shouts my name? Have you had any or these problems?

SuziQoregon 8/06/2006 9:17 PM  

Funny you should ask - it's been a challenge to stick with my plan, but I've been adding books to my "List for after the list" all along the way :-)

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP