THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

February

>> Friday, July 14, 2006

The Hundredth Man by Jack Kerley: Kerley is a new author for me and I have to say that I’m impressed. The serial killer mystery was well paced and exciting and the bits of humor tossed in throughout were fun and well placed. I added this to my husband’s “you need to read this book” list.

In the Bleak Midwinter by Julia Spencer-Fleming: Another new author and mystery series for me. This one came highly recommended by a friend who is a bookseller. The main character of an Episcopal priest who is a 35-year-old woman who also happens to be an ex-military helicopter pilot is quite unique. The small town upstate NY setting makes for an interesting supporting cast. The book was well written both in terms of the mystery and in the relationship between the priest and the police chief. I will definitely read more of this series.

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte: This is from the ‘Classics I’ve never read’ realm. I love the movie with Orson Welles and Joan Fontaine, but have never read the book. I’ve had two booklover friends tell me it’s slow to start, but hang with it. I’m glad I read it. It was slow in spots, but I still enjoyed it.

Kisscut by Karin Slaughter: This is a series I started after a member of my online book group recommended Karin Slaughter’s books. I really liked the first one (Blindsighted). This is the second in the series and just as good as the first one.

Leaving Ireland by Ann Moore: Time for a bit of historical fiction/romance. This one is a sequel to Gracelin O’Malley which I read and enjoyed a couple of years ago. As is normal for this genre, it’s a bit predictable, but the background setting of Ireland and New York in the mid 1800’s and the focus on Irish immigrants is interesting.

0 comments:

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP