THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

June

>> Friday, July 14, 2006

Evanovich, Janet – Eleven on Top. I love this series. It’s funny, sexy, light and thoroughly enjoyable. I’ve read them all so far and then listened to them again on CD with my husband on car trips. They make great road trip listening.

Frank, Dorothea Benton – Plantation. I’m a sucker for books set in the South. I enjoyed Dot Frank’s first book Sullivan’s Island. This one started out good and I ended up really enjoying it. Sure, the characters are over the top, but it’s entertainingly dysfunctional families.

Gilstrap, John – Scott Free. His first book Nathan’s Run simply blew me away and even though his books are hard to find, I’ve enjoyed every one. This guy can write the kind of suspense novel that I have a hard time putting down.

Hayder, Mo – Birdman. I’ve never read anything by her, but this is another author that my bookseller friend really likes. This is seriously twisted stuff, but a good creepy crime thriller. The ‘hero’ is not exactly a likeable guy, but the story had enough twists and turns to keep me interested.

Iles, Greg – Spandau Phoenix. This one has an interesting premise that starts out with the facts of Rudolf Hess’ flight to England and takes off from there into speculative history rewriting. It’s got lots of characters and locations to keep straight, and many twists and turns along the way, but a good thriller.

0 comments:

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP