THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

May - (part 1)

>> Friday, July 14, 2006

The X President by Philip Baruth: this was seriously on the list simply because I needed an X title. It’s a combination of Sci-Fi and political commentary. Definitely not something I would normally pick up and read, but part of the reason for doing the alphabetical list was to force myself to read new and different things and break out of my routine. It was odd, but it did hold my interest.

Year of Wonders: A Novel of the Plague by Geraldine Brooks: This one is about a village in England in 1666 that decides to quarantine themselves to keep from spreading the plague to their friends and neighbors once they become exposed. Interesting book, very well written, but the epilogue seems completely disconnected and to come from way out in left field. Still, I’d recommend it.


Zorro by Isabel Allende: I’ve wanted to read this one since I first heard about it. I thought her writing in Daughter of Fortune was beautiful and looked forward to this. I really ended up thinking it was just OK. There were parts that were great, but not enough of them to make the book great.

0 comments:

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP