THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Audiobook - Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death by M. C. Beaton

>> Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Having finished the Mrs. Pollifax series I was in need of a new light mystery series for my driving around audiobooks. The title of this one caught my eye and the fact that it was read by Donada Peters was a plus.

Agatha Raisin is a 53 year old single woman who owns her own successful PR firm in London. She sells the business and retires to a cottage in the English countryside. The villagers of Carsley are pleasant enough, but not exactly welcoming. In order to try to become part of the community Agatha decides to enter a quiche competition, but when the judge dies after eating her quiche, it’s not exactly the thing she’d like to be known for among the villagers. Agatha’s efforts to defend herself and learn the truth provide a fun tale full of quirky characters.

I’ll definitely be continuing this series as audiobooks because the light mystery genre is perfect for ‘driving around town listening’.

8 comments:

Booklogged 1/10/2007 8:16 PM  

This one sounds fun. I'll watch for it at my library. Now that I have an iPod and even know how to get the audio books on it, I'm on the look out for good audio books. Thanks, SuziQ.

SuziQoregon 1/11/2007 8:12 AM  

Booklogged - Agatha is kind of impatient and irritable, but I liked her. Yay for an ipod! I love having audiobooks on my ipod - I can listen in the car, at the gym, when I'm walking - it's great! Hope your library has a good collection or at loan system so you can request them.

Kucki68 1/11/2007 12:46 PM  

Have you tried Aunt Dimity or the Lili and Hubbard books from Grey Gallagher? They might all work for this purpose, too.

ML 1/11/2007 1:48 PM  

Sounds like a fun one to listen to while moving around.

Funny thing, it's always been my dream to give up this life and move to the English countryside. However, I'm not sure I would want someone dying from my cooking, though :)

Enjoy!

Eileen 1/12/2007 9:52 AM  

I love your blog! I would like to get into listening to audio books. I've listened to a few with my son when he was younger (The Cay, From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, Where the Red Fern Grows). Now when I get in the car I usually feel like listening to music.

Can I ask, where do you get the pictures of the books to put in your blog? I just started one and would love to include pics but not sure where to get them.

SuziQoregon 1/12/2007 7:03 PM  

Kucki: I have listened to the first one in the Aunt Dimity series and enjoyed it. Unfortunately not much of that series is available on CD (and therefore to my ipod) from my libraries. I'm planning on reading the second book in that series as one of my books for the TBR challenge.

Ml: the village life is certainly not for everyonek, but hope you get a chance to experience it someday.

Eileen: thanks for stopping by.

jenclair 1/16/2007 7:04 AM  

How come I can hear music when I read the title "The Quiche of Death"? :)

Framed 1/17/2007 6:08 PM  

I've read quite a few of the Agatha books, but missed this one. I'm not sure why. I guess I liked her in spite of herself. She does the dumbest things.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP