THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

6 Rainier Drive by Debbie Macomber

>> Monday, March 26, 2007

After a Chunkster that I only partly enjoyed I was in need of something light and quick. Some fluff with familiar folks. Luckily I had this book on the shelf.

6 Rainier Drive is the 6th book in Debbie Macomber’s Cedar Cove series. Each book focuses on a different person or family in the town and the titles are the addresses as well as the series sequence numbers. These books are nothing more that quick light reads and I enjoy them as quick breaks. The cast of characters has grown as the series has progressed, but the formula remains the same. Relationships are in danger, sometimes people are very briefly in danger, all the recurring characters get a little bit of page time and its mostly feel good stuff. It was just what I needed for a couple of days.

8 comments:

Lynne 3/27/2007 4:49 AM  

I love this series - like you said, fluffy and familiar. The next one is coming out, I think, in September.

Les 3/27/2007 10:12 AM  

I haven't started this series yet, but have a couple in my stacks. Might be just the ticket after I finish my current read (The Road).

I see you're reading Snow Blind. I love that series. I think Dead Run was my favorite. You can read my review on my blog. I'm too lazy to get the link, so I'll let you use the search function, if you like. :)

SuziQoregon 3/27/2007 7:44 PM  

Lynne - I do enjoy this series, and have read a few other books by her. Definitely something I use as quick breaks between other books. I particularly enjoy this series because I've been to the area of Washington that the fictional Cedar Cove is in. It's a beautiful area and the occasional mentions of places I've been is fun.

Les: Finished Snow Blind today - I really enjoy that series too. Thanks for telling me about your review - I did look it up and agree with your comments.

Booklogged 3/29/2007 12:30 PM  

What a fun idea - the titles are addresses and the series sequence numbers. I am planning on reading my first Macomber book for the spring challenge. Really looking forward to it.

Stephanie 3/29/2007 1:54 PM  

I've read a couple of Debbie Macomber's books but never any in the Cedar Cove series. I've heard they are great though! (for a light read...and let's face it, sometimes that's all we can handle!)

SuziQoregon 3/29/2007 7:28 PM  

Booklogged: The first number of the title addresses are the series order. I don't know what she's going to do when she hits double digits.

Stephanie: I like her knitting shop books and some, but not all of her stand alones. This series is fun because the cast of characters grows with each book.

Kris 3/30/2007 1:37 PM  

I enjoy her Blossom Street books so sounds like I need to read this series too.

SuziQoregon 4/01/2007 9:15 AM  

Kris: If you like the Blossom Street books, I think you'll like this one too.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP