THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Son of Holmes by John Lescroart

>> Thursday, March 29, 2007

I’ve seen several recommendations lately for John Lescroart’s books. I’ve never read anything by him, so I decided to start with this early one.

Take a small town in France during World War 1, add a few spies and a few non-spy type villagers, toss in a dead spy and mix in the suspicion that one of these guys is the son of Sherlock Holmes (presuming, of course that Holmes was based on a real person). This little book is interesting reading and keeps you guessing about a lot of things in addition to the basic murder mystery which is at the core.

This wasn’t a great first novel, but it was interesting enough to make me want to read more of Lescroart’s books.

3 comments:

Booklogged 3/31/2007 7:01 PM  

I've read a couple by Lescroart, but not in any order. I really liked them. So many series I want to get back to, but other books just keep getting in my way. Not really complaining, tho, because they're good too.

Bookfool 3/31/2007 7:04 PM  

This is actually one of the rare books I couldn't get through but it could have been the timing (I'm a really moody reader).

SuziQoregon 4/01/2007 9:19 AM  

Booklogged: this one wasn't great, but I know his later stuff is supposed to be better, so I'll be reading more.

Bookfool: I could easily have done the same thing. I'm not sure I'll read the second book with this character - I might go straight to some of his later books. I'm a moody reader too - the time and circumstances really can affect my level of enjoyment of a book.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP