THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

A Garden of Vipers by Jack Kerley

>> Friday, August 3, 2007

Published: 2006
Genre: Mystery
Pages: 374
Challenge: Southern Reading Challenge #3

Carson Ryder and Harry Nautilus are back and I’m glad. I really enjoy this series. This time around they start investigating the brutal murder of a radio newswoman. Soon they fear there is a bizarre and brutal serial killer at work in Mobile, Alabama. Further complications soon arise, many involving a wealthy and powerful family with whom both Carson and Harry seem to have some sort of connection. The tension rises and the twists and turns keep coming and keep the reader guessing.

The occasional humor is still there without taking away from the mystery and I really enjoy both of the main characters in this series. For those who have read the first two books by Kerley, there is a bit of a refreshing change this time around with the lack of involvement of Carson’s brother. This time the focus is on Carson and Harry and I find that to be a positive change.


3 comments:

Literary Feline 8/04/2007 10:04 AM  

I will be reading this one later this month. Maybe after I finish my current book. I haven't quite decided. I really like this series too. :-) Thanks for the review!

____Maggie 8/05/2007 5:09 PM  

"A positive change", that sounds good! :)

SuziQoregon 8/05/2007 9:14 PM  

Literary Feline: Hope you like this one as much as I did. The Hubster and I have both really enjoyed this series.

Maggie: it is a good change :-)

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP