THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Audiobook – Agatha Raisin and the Terrible Tourist by M. C. Beaton

>> Monday, September 10, 2007

Published: 1997
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Book on Tape Read by Donada Peters

I’ve enjoyed this series for drive time listening, but after this one, I think I’m done with the series. This one was extremely disappointing. I only finished listening to it because it was so short (only 4 tapes). Agatha Raisin has always been a mixture of independent and needy. A bit of bluster and self confidence combined with a bit of endearing naivete. In this sixth installment in the series, she’s pretty much just needy and has lost her self confidence and independence that made her a successful businesswoman. She lets herself be treated horribly by not only her ex fiancée James – who is so completely unlikeable in this book that I was hoping he’d end up being the murder victim, but also another occasional character from the series who makes a reappearance. The story takes place in Cyprus, so there’s none of the other charming characters from Agatha’s village to temper the unpleasantness.

Bleah.

4 comments:

Lynne 9/11/2007 3:02 AM  

I haven't read this series. Isn't it disappointing when a series goes flat? I feel that way about the Goldy the caterer books by Diane Mott Davidson. I hate to give up on a series, but sometimes I have to do it.

Heather,  9/11/2007 7:25 AM  

Love the title!

Susan 9/11/2007 7:38 AM  

I quit this series after the first book. Of course, I was reading the books, not listening, and there were TONS of typos and grammatical errors in the text that just drove me crazy. Still, I liked the character of Agatha and thought her interactions with the villagers were funny. I think I'm glad I didn't continue with the series, though...

SuziQoregon 9/12/2007 7:51 AM  

Lynne: I agree - I hate to give up on a series, but sometimes it's time. My last Sue Grafton was R (I think she's made a huge mistake keeping Kinsey locked in the 80s). I decided after Double Shot that I was done with the Diane Mott Davidson series too.

Heather: the titles of this series are amusing :-)

Susan: I've only experienced this series as audio.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP