THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich

>> Friday, September 14, 2007

Published 2007
Genre: Mystery/Humor/Romance
Pages: 310

Yes, this series has become predictable and formulaic, but I continue to enjoy it because it’s quick and not much of a time commitment. In this one, Stephanie’s ex – Dickie Orr has disappeared and Stephanie is under suspicion for his murder. Cars are destroyed, Lula’s wardrobe and attitude are both outrageous, Connie is still one of my favorite characters, Joe and Ranger almost get along, the FTAs Stephanie is after are freaks. About the only thing different is that we find out Tank’s real name.

Stephanie says it best herself:
"It's my life," I said to him. "It's complicated."

I can’t help myself. Ranger just gets me all twitterpated.

10 comments:

Literary Feline 9/14/2007 8:27 PM  

Yes, her life is definitely complicated. LOL I enjoy the series too.

auntie-c 9/14/2007 10:23 PM  

Ranger... oh... mercy!

In a whole different way than when I beg for coffffeeeeeee in the mornings...

... well, maybe not so different! ;-)

Lynne 9/15/2007 2:54 AM  

I'm still a "Joe" girl.

Funny side note. Daughter Donna was watching Penn State football last week. She kept rooting for the quarterback - yelling "Come on, JOE." The guy's name is Anthony - MORELLI. She must have had Stephanie and Joe on the brain!

Vickie 9/15/2007 6:23 PM  

Much as I loved this series in the beginning, I lost it at 10 and my 'life is too short to read not so fun books' rule stands.
That said, I am a Ranger girl. I have him all mental imaged and he is yummeh! And I like Lula of all the chicks in the series.

Booklogged 9/16/2007 11:16 AM  

I'm probably the only person in blogdom who hasn't read this series. I better get with it!

SuziQoregon 9/16/2007 8:32 PM  

Literary Feline: I loved that line.

~C: Oh yeah - those bad boys.

Lynne: great story!!

Vickie: Some series do go on longer than they probalby should, huh? I'm still enjoying this one.

Booklogged: Oh, I'm sure you're not the only one ;-)

Bookfool 9/18/2007 8:04 PM  

Sometimes predictable and formulaic also mean "easy on the brain", which is nice. I love Stephanie, Ranger and Morelli.

SuziQoregon 9/19/2007 7:29 AM  

Bookfool: exactly! Easy on the brain is nice sometimes.

Les 9/19/2007 8:47 PM  

Twitterpated? Did you make that up? ;)

SuziQoregon 9/19/2007 8:57 PM  

Les: Hee hee hee
nope

Webster's New Millennium™ Dictionary of English - Cite This Source Main Entry: twitterpated
Part of Speech: adj
Definition: confused by affection or infatuation
Etymology: twitter + -pated 'pertaining to the head'

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP