THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

RIP II Challenge Wrap-up

>> Sunday, October 28, 2007


The RIP II Challenge, hosted by Carl, was one that I’d had to pass up last year and had been looking forward to for months. I’d been marking books as possibilities for this one all year.

Carl made this challenge quite flexible with several options for participants. I’m opted to take on “Peril the First” which was to read four books of any length, from any subgenre of scary stories that you choose.

I chose 4 books for this challenge:

The best book: The Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. I’m not sure why I’ve never read this one, but I’m really glad I finally did.

What book could I have done without? Five Mile House was just OK – not bad, but the weakest of the four I read for the challenge

Any new authors? All were new authors for me.

Books I did not finish: I finished read all that I planned

What did I learn? I loved reading other participants reviews and have several books already listed as possibilities for next years RIP challenge

Thanks Carl! This was fun and I’m looking forward to next year.

6 comments:

____Maggie 10/29/2007 4:00 AM  

Do a dance, the finished a challenge dance! Congrats! :D

Bookfool 10/29/2007 5:18 PM  

Congratulations! I'm trying to squeeze in one last RIP read. I chose Peril the First, also, but I'm having so much fun that I've read 8 instead of 4.

Booklogged 10/29/2007 6:16 PM  

Good going, SuziQ! I'm going to have to put Something Wicked on my list for next year's challenge. Everyone that reads it loves it.

SuziQoregon 10/29/2007 7:36 PM  

Maggie: hee hee - finish one, sign up for another - next up From the Stacks 07!

Bookfool: Yay for you - I've found several to put on next year's possibles list.

Booklogged: I really think you'll like that one and it's perfect for this challenge.

Framed 10/30/2007 3:49 PM  

I have "Something Wicked" and Thirteenth Tale" on for next year. I had a simlar experience with the challenge as you did. Really liked three and one not so much. I also read "Woman in White" and liked it as well. Congratulations on finishing.

SuziQoregon 11/01/2007 7:57 PM  

Framed: Good choices for next year!!

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP