THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

More Challenges (and a couple of adjustments)

>> Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I’ve got a few more challenges I want to join for 2008, so I’m trying to be strategic in planning what books I can read that will qualify for more than one challenge. I’m also trying to wrap up as many of my current challenges as I can before the end of December.

Part of it is a compulsion to finish what I can by the end of 2007 and make the 2008 challenges list a whole new spreadsheet page (yes I’m a spreadsheet dork). The other part is to keep myself sane and have time for non-challenge books when I want to read them.

So – look for upcoming posts about
The Decades 08 Challenge, The TBR 2008 Challenge, and the What’s in a Name Challenge.

In the meantime, I’m modifying my list for the
Unread Authors Challenge to include the two books I’m going to read for The Hometown Challenge. By doing this I can finish up both of those in December.

6 comments:

Scrappy Kay 11/30/2007 3:27 AM  

Hi, Suzy! I've got a couple of challenges for 2008, too, including the TBR challenge, a different genre each month challenge, and a personal challenge to keep up with some group reads!

By the way, recently I was at my mom's and saw on her bookshelves a volume titled "Volumes of Mystery from the Victorian Age" that was published in 1945. It includes "A Woman In White" by Wilkie Collins. I remembered your review of that one, so I eagerly asked my mom if I could borrow it. She said, "You can have it to keep". I'll probably read it in January when I have a bit more time to relax (as you suggested!)

SuziQoregon 11/30/2007 9:05 PM  

Kay: The TBR Challenge has been fun this year. I'm currently reading my last book for that one and definitely looking forward to the 2008 edition.

Glad you got a copy of The Woman in White. Definitely worth a read.

Bellezza 12/01/2007 6:23 AM  

I suppose it's too late to ask you to please consider joining my Japanese Literature Challenge. The details came be found at:

http://dolcebellezza.blogspot.com/2007/11/youre-invited.html

Still, I'd love to talk more books with you!

SuziQoregon 12/01/2007 8:21 AM  

Bellezza: I've been reading about your Japanese Lit challenge, but I just don't think it's my cup of tea. I'm looking forward to reading the reviews of the participants, though - will probably find one or two I want to try.

Vickie 12/02/2007 2:41 PM  

Lordluvaduck! I always find the best cannot possibly resist challenges with you and Joy! What's In a Name is calling me. I have to look on Mt Git'r'Read and see what I have that matches the challenge provisos.

SuziQoregon 12/02/2007 6:14 PM  

Vickie: I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm not {cackles maniacally]. Seriously - when I looked at my TBR list and could find books for all requirements of the What's in a Name Challenge, it made the choice an easy one.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP