THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Running Blind by Lee Child

>> Thursday, November 15, 2007

Published: 2000
Genre: Mystery/ Thriller
Pages: 486
Challenge:
From the Stacks #1

From the back cover:

Across the country women are being murdered, victims of an extraordinarily disciplined and clever killer who leaves no trace evidence, no fatal wounds, no signs of struggle, and no clues to an apparent motive. Even the elite team of FBI agents assigned to the case is baffled by the ingenuity of these perfect crimes. But who’s committing them? Why? And how? So far, there’s only one connection: each victim knew Jack Reacher. And this time, even he’s running blind.
This is the fourth book in Lee Child’s Jack Reacher Series and I’m pleased to say that I’m still enjoying the heck out of it. Jack is a great hero who gets better with every book. A former military policeman, who is happiest when he’s living without attachments or roots, Jack can’t seem to keep himself from intervening to help an underdog.

As the book opens Jack gets himself involved in helping out a restaurant owner who is being shaken down by a pair of mob goons. Next thing he knows he’s hauled in by the FBI because he fits their profile in an investigation into a serial killer. It turns out that the killers victims are all women who Jack knew when he was in the military. I really don’t want to say more about the plot because Child is great at doling out the clues, information and red herrings as the story progresses.

Another well constructed mystery with a likeable, but flawed hero. I need to go buy the next book in the series!

12 comments:

Literary Feline 11/15/2007 8:16 PM  

It's good to hear the series is holding up! I really need to read this series. I've heard such good things about it and have yet to give it a try. Thanks for the review!

Kay 11/16/2007 1:01 AM  

My husband really likes this series and has read all of them. He gets really impatient waiting for the next one to come. I haven't tried it yet but may at some point.

Joy 11/16/2007 5:13 AM  

Thanks, Suzi! Nothing like a good tease, huh? :)

(I've only read the first one and look forward to the rest.)

Les 11/16/2007 2:37 PM  

I've only read Killing Floor and need to get to some of these others! I remember how much I enjoyed KF - read it on a plane and literally gasped out loud as I read a particularly intense passage. Actually, I think I said Oh My God! in quite a loud voice. I know a few heads turned. Ooops! Not exactly the best thing to say out loud on an airplane. ;)

alisonwonderland 11/17/2007 11:59 AM  

i've enjoyed this series too. i think i'm several books behind at this point; i need to figure out where i'm at ...

SuziQoregon 11/17/2007 7:58 PM  

Literary Feline: I really like this series - so does The Hubster.

Kay: Once I get caught up, I'll be impatient right there along with your husband :-)

Joy: They all have a little different feel to them - the 3rd one has a seriously creepy and twisted villain.

Les: so far they've all had a few of those moments. I'm really liking the Jack Reacher character more with each book. He's not a 'perfect hero' and I like that he has his flaws and struggles with them.

Alison: nice to see another Jack Reacher fan :-) Thanks for stopping by.

____Maggie 11/21/2007 8:46 PM  

Thanks for stopping by and Happy T-Day! Gobble, Gobble! :D

Scrappy Kay 11/22/2007 4:01 AM  

Hi, looks like you already have another "Kay" who has left some comments -- I will call myself "Scrappy Kay"!

Suzi, it sounds from your review that these books might be a similar genre as Tom Clancy's. True? If so, DH and I would both probably like these.

J. Kaye 11/22/2007 11:59 AM  

Wishing you the very best on this Thanksgiving day! :)

J. Kaye

SuziQoregon 11/23/2007 7:31 PM  

Maggie: good luck rebuilding your links - Oh, and I gobbled plenty yesterday :-)

Kay: I love "Scrappy Kay" for you - it's perfect :-) This series is not as heavily techno heavy as Clancy's stuff - I think you and your DH should give it a try - the first in the series is "The Killing Floor".

J.Kaye: Hope you had a great holiday!

Ann Darnton 11/27/2007 1:30 AM  

I haven't read Child, but I have a friend who buys everything he writes. I'm thinking maybe I should call round and beg a loan.

SuziQoregon 11/27/2007 7:27 PM  

Ann: thanks for stopping by - Hope you can give the series a try.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP