THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Russian Reading Challenge

>> Thursday, November 8, 2007


Sharon at ExLibris is hosting yet another challenge that I cannot resist. The Russian Reading Challenge runs from January through December 2008. She’s actually made this challenge very flexible.

This challenge is a twelve month challenge, but the minimum number of books to read is only four. Why? Many Russian novels are quite lengthy, so it may take more than one month to read one book. Also, it keeps the burden to a minimum if you are, like me, participating in several reading challenges. You are welcome to read more, though!

Both fiction and non-fiction are acceptable here, as well as short stories and poetry. Authors read should either be authors who wrote (write) in Russian or authors who wrote (write) about Russia and Russians. The challenge begins January 1, 2008 and ends December 31, 2008, so you have plenty of time to be thinking about your book list. Oh, yes, there may even be some prizes in store throughout the year!

I’m planning on reading these four books:

1/9/08 - editing to adjust my book list. I'm taking The Kitchen Boy out of the list for this challenge (I'm still going to read it, but not for the challenge). I decided that I wanted to stick with fiction by Russian authors and non-fiction about real Russians. The book I'm adding is by a contemporary Russian author:

8 comments:

Lynne 11/09/2007 3:22 AM  

I don't think I'm going to join this challenge, but I definitely want to read DR. ZHIVAGO. It's on my wish list now.

Joy 11/09/2007 3:57 AM  

I have The Kitchen Boy on my TBR list, but no current plans of reading it soon. I look forward to reading your thoughts on it.

Karen :) 11/09/2007 4:18 AM  

I have "The Kitchen Boy" on my wishlist! Can't wait to get your review on that one!

uumxwa

Booklogged 11/09/2007 3:45 PM  

I've signed up for so many challenges already that I don't dare take on another. I like your choice of books and look forward to your reviews.

jenclair 11/09/2007 5:33 PM  

The Kitchen Boy is on my TBR list, and I'd really forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me!

SuziQoregon 11/09/2007 5:50 PM  

Lynne: I've wanted to read Dr. Zhivago for a while now, so this challenge is a good excuse.

Joy: The Kitchen Boy is another one that's been on my list for a while too. I'm using that one for a couple of challenges.

Karen: I'll let you know what I think.

Booklogged: You should SEE the spreadsheet I'm using for challenge planning - I'm being very careful to overlap books when I can and to not overschedule my reading for any given month. I really need to leave time for non-challenge reads.

Jenclair: Maybe you'll get to it before I do . .

Framed 11/13/2007 1:41 PM  

I haven't had much luck with Russian books so this is one challenge I can forego. I may be jealous after reading your reviews, though.

SuziQoregon 11/14/2007 11:31 AM  

Framed: I'm splitting my challenge books between those written by Russians (and one of those is short stories) and those written about Russians ;-)

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP