THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Sudden Death by David Rosenfelt

>> Thursday, November 1, 2007

Published 2005
Genre: Mystery
Pages: 305

This is the fourth book in the Andy Carpenter series and just as enjoyable as the others have been. I just love books that combine a satisfying mystery story with humor and interesting characters. Andy is still a wise cracking guy who pulls courtroom theatrics. The cast of regulars are there, but don’t overwhelm the new mystery story.

This time around Andy is called to a police stand-off where NY Giants running back Kenny Schilling is armed and holed up in his house refusing to cooperate with the police who want to question him in the disappearance of NY Jets wide receiver Troy Preston. When Preston’s body is found, Kenny finds himself on trial for murder and Andy finds himself with a client he’s not quite sure is innocent.

The story takes some twists and turns, there are a couple of side stories that keep the action rolling in addition to the murder trial itself, but it’s a quick and fun read. Will the real killer be identified?, Will Pete Stanton ever stop finding ways to spend Andy’s money? Will Laurie leave Andy and move to Wisconsin?, Will Edna ever really do any secretarial work? Will Marcus ever utter a complete sentence?

The one question I can answer is that Tara is still the best dog EVER!

I’m beginning to think that my favorite book of all time would be to have Harlan Coben and David Rosenfelt get together and have Myron Bolitar and Andy Carpenter work together on a case or two. Now, THAT would be fun.

8 comments:

Joy 11/02/2007 5:10 AM  

Myron and Andy...the wise-cracking duo! Fun stuff. :)

Hey...did you know that there's a History Challenge? Thought you might be interested in that.

SuziQoregon 11/02/2007 7:32 AM  

Joy: hee hee - I think they'd make a great team.

I did see the Back to History Challenge, but I think I'll pass on that one. I can't do too many challenges that require a book every month - doesn't leave any time for whimpulse reads and that makes me cranky ;-P

Literary Feline 11/02/2007 8:38 AM  

I haven't read either Harlan's series or this one, but I sure do want to (as you probably already know). Ooo! It's so hard sometimes sticking with my current reading plan when you whet my appetite for other books. :-)

Vickie 11/02/2007 12:22 PM  

And we don't like cranky Suzi!! I am borderline addicted to the challenges now. I will have to learn to say stop at some point.

LiteraryFeline: I have a crush on Myron! Harlen writes a great character!

Framed 11/02/2007 9:25 PM  

I have this book languishing on my shelves. Hope I get it to it next year. I'll probably add it to a challenge so I have more incentive.

SuziQoregon 11/04/2007 8:43 AM  

Literary Feline: I really do recommend both this series and Coben's. The Hubster has enjoyed both series too.

Vickie: I'm having to really be careful with limiting my challenges.

Framed: It's another fun one - you'll enjoy it when you get to it.

Bookfool 11/06/2007 4:21 PM  

Oh, yeah, that would be a hoot. I'm glad you're still enjoying the series. Eventually, I'll catch up with you. :)

SuziQoregon 11/06/2007 7:37 PM  

Bookfool: You are going to enjoy this one when you get to it :-)

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP