THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Trojan Odyssey by Clive Cussler

>> Monday, November 26, 2007

Published: 2000
Genre: Action/Adventure
Pages: 463
Challenge: From the Stacks #2

Clive Cussler’s books are formulaic nearly comic book adventure type stuff and just darn fun. Don’t pick up a Cussler book expecting anything more than that.

This one has all the usual elements – lots of techno diving and underwater stuff, a megalomaniac who wants to take over the world, a beautiful woman or two, death defying rescues by Dirk Pitt and his sidekick Al Giordino, excruciating detail about Pitt’s classic car collection, . . . you get the idea. Oh, and guess what -- Dirk Pitt saves humanity yet again.

3 comments:

Nicola 11/27/2007 7:46 AM  

You know, I've always wanted to read one of these but never have. I love a good 'just for fun' book.

Carrie K 11/27/2007 2:34 PM  

He does? That's so awesome! Where would we be without Dirk Pitt?

I've never read one of his books yet, but I did pick one up at the library. It actually looks right up my alley.

SuziQoregon 11/27/2007 7:28 PM  

Nicola: think of Cussler's books as campy adventure tales.

Carrie: hee hee - yeah he does :-) What a surprise, huh?

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP