THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

2008 TBR Challenge

>> Tuesday, December 18, 2007


Yay! It’s Back! MizBooks has opened the door for signing up for the 2008 TBR Challenge. I’ve been working on my list for weeks.

For this challenge you should....

** Pick 12 books - one for each month of 2008 - that you've been wanting to read (that have been on your "To Be Read" list) for 6 months or longer, but haven't gotten around to.

** OPTIONAL: Create a list of "Alternates" (books you could substitute for your challenge books, given that a particular one doesn't grab you at the time)

** Then, starting January 1, 2008, read one of these books from your list each month, ending December 31, 2008. :o)

This time around I’m posting a list of alternates. One of my difficulties last time was that I only had my original list of 12 and wasn’t too impressed with a couple of them. I’m also not going to be hung up on the one a month plan. I’m going to read at least 12 before the year is out, but I’ll read them when the time is right for me.

The Primary 12:

Alternates:

10 comments:

Joy 12/19/2007 4:25 AM  

OH YAY...I hope you read SMONK. I want to know what you think. :) I've had Franklin on many lists, but just never got back to him.

I know you are not going to read them month by month (neither am I, I have too many tied up with other challenges), but are you going to read them in your listed order. I'm hoping not. Smonk is too far down the list and I can't wait to read your thoughts! :)

Lynne 12/19/2007 5:07 AM  

Good lists of books. I've read a few of them. I'm not doing this one this year. I have enough other challenges to keep me busy. And most of the books that I have I've already read. I need to get some new books!

Nyssaneala 12/19/2007 6:27 AM  

I haven't heard of many of the books on your list...I see my TBR pile growing rather than shrinking already!

SuziQoregon 12/19/2007 8:04 AM  

Joy: I don't know that I'm going to read them in the order listed. I have many that are overlaps with other challenges, but I'm going to be a bit free and easy with the reading order and alternate substitutions if I need to.

Lynne: Of course you need some new books. We ALWAYS need new books ;-)

Nyssaneala: Yeah - the TBR spreadsheet never stops growing - my blogging buddies have mine growing faster than I can read.

Booklogged 12/19/2007 7:01 PM  

I have so many books on my shelves that fill the bill for this challenge. I've got my list on my sidebar, but I think I could easily double or triple it. You've listed some that I hope to get around to eventually. My gosh, isn't that our group lament!

Merry Christmas, SuziQ. Hope you have a great celebration.

Vickie 12/20/2007 10:55 AM  

I will be putting my list together this weekend. Karin Slaughter will be on there somewhere. You have a great list!

SuziQoregon 12/20/2007 8:32 PM  

Booklogged: I really don't have an excess of books on my shelf because I try to control my buying, but I have a TBR spreadsheet that goes on and on and on and on . . . .

Vickie: Put some Jack Kerley and Mo Hayder on that list too :-)

Literary Feline 12/20/2007 9:25 PM  

That's a great list, Suzi! I really enjoyed The Kitchen Boy and hope you will too. It's such a sad story.

alisonwonderland 12/22/2007 11:45 AM  

you've got several of my favorite mystery writers on your list - as well as a number of books i've never heard of, so i'll be looking forward to your reviews!

happy holidays! and happy reading!

SuziQoregon 12/22/2007 6:19 PM  

Literary Feline: good to hear you liked The Kitchen Boy - nice to get another recommendation for that one.

Alison: My TBR list is definitely heavy on the mystery series, and this challenge is perfect to pencil in the 'next in the series' for several of them that I've got in process.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP