THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

2008 A to Z Reading Challenge

>> Sunday, December 30, 2007


My friend Joy has sucked me into another one! A couple of years ago I did my own personal A to Z reading adventure that ended up with me starting this blog. When I did this I was really structured and read through the author and title lists in strict alphabetical order. It was fun, but not something I’d do in that same way again.

Joy has started an
A to Z Reading Challenge for 2008

Being that many of us have joined several for the 2008 year, I'm thinking we will be able to just plug in authors and titles from existing challenge book lists to easily complete it.

All that's required is that you align the author's last name or the title of a book excluding "the", "a", etc.) with its corresponding letter in the alphabet. Each author and title entry must be a different book. I will be working on both the author and title lists at the same time; however, you may complete the alphabet lists anyway that suits your fancy. The challenge last throughout the 2008 year.

I love that this has a high level of flexibility – I don’t have to post my list of books ahead of time for one thing. I can just post the list of letters and start filling in the titles and authors as I read the books. The only real limitation is that the challenge is for 52 different books – I can’t use a book for both the author and title lists.

The other thing is that Joy has agreed to a deal to get me to join the challenge, so if she keeps up her part of the deal, I’ll have to do my best to finish the challenge ;-)

12 comments:

Joy 12/30/2007 1:27 PM  

You're a stinker! You HAD to post it, didn't you!?! I'm not worried, though. I think we'll both make out just fine. :)

Lynne 12/30/2007 2:47 PM  

I'd love to know about this little deal on the side!!

Happy New Year to you!

SuziQoregon 12/30/2007 7:44 PM  

Joy: hee hee hee ;-P I couldn't resist. I love that you've set up a separate blog for this challenge. That will be a great way to get ideas for those tough letters.

Lynne: see the comments section on Joy's original post about the challenge ;-) and Happy New Year to you too!

Vickie 12/31/2007 12:55 PM  

AGGHHHH!!!! I am in.....

Joy 1/01/2008 6:34 AM  

I don't have to put a title on the Mister Linky's, do I? Please say no.

SuziQoregon 1/01/2008 8:12 AM  

Vickie: hee hee "another one bites the dust"

Joy: :-) I'll give you a pass on those. Happy New Year!

Framed 1/01/2008 9:59 AM  

I loved doing my A to Z last year. It really got me reading books I might never have touched. Have fun.

SuziQoregon 1/04/2008 4:54 PM  

Framed: thanks - I'm looking forward to doing another A to Z - when I did it a couple of years ago, I read them in order, this time I'm going to be a bit more loose about the whole process.

Darcie 1/16/2008 4:03 PM  

You have me thinking about joining the A-Z challenge! I am worried about reading 52 books though...I haven't counted my book numbers before so I have no idea how many I have read! Not sure if I will join or not...

SuziQoregon 1/16/2008 7:18 PM  

Darcie: why don't you give it a try? The first time I did an A to Z reading list on my own I didn't set any time frame just took however long it took. You could always start with the challenge group and if you don't finish by the end of the year - who cares?? you'll be well on your way to finising the whole 52 books anyway and that's a great accomplishment no matter how long it takes.

Darcie 1/17/2008 3:06 AM  

Suzi - I did decide to give it a try. I am going to do it like you are...as I finish a book I will write it in the appropriate spot. :) If I have time at the end of the year (i.e. I have finished my other challenges) I will fill in the rest! :) I have already looked at my TBR list to see if I have some of the heard letters. I am not going to stress about finishing it...I am going to have some fun with it (I am one of those people who have to finish what they start). Thanks for the encouragement!

SuziQoregon 1/17/2008 8:10 AM  

Darcie - GOOD for YOU!! Have fun with it. Remember that the challenge has it's own blog where folks are posting their authors and titles for each letter - seeing what other folks are reading for some of those hard letters will give you ideas and save you some library and bookstore searching time. Most important- have FUN!

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP