THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

The English Breakfast Murder by Laura Childs

>> Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Published: 2003
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Pages: 265

This is the fourth book in Laura Childs Cozy series "The Teashop Mysteries"


Theodosia Browning is the owner of The Indigo Tea Shop in Charleston, South Carolina's historic district. She's also an amateur sleuth. This series has all the expected cozy elements - light mystery, a quirky cast of characters, a teensy bit of romance and lots of atmosphere. I love the descriptions of Charleston and the area. I'd love to go back and visit there again someday. The descriptions of the tea blends makes me want to curl up with a hot cup of tea while reading these.


From the back cover:

It is a truly exhilarating experience for Theo - helping Charleston's Sea Turtle Protection League shepherd hundreds of tiny green loggerheads safely into the sea. But just as she's about to celebrate all her hard work with some hearty Lung Ching tea and spicy gumbo, she spots a dead body bobbing in the waves. It turns out to be local art dealer Harper Fisk - a man with an eye for fine antiques. Could his death have anything to do with the sunken treasure and gold bullion rumored to be somewhere near Halliehurst Beach? Deep in her heart, Theo knows that murder is indeed brewing in Charleston - and it's up to her to get to the bottom of it before teh culprit's greed stirs him to kill again . . .
It’s not even as serious a mystery as that intro makes it seem. Expect light, expect enjoyable, expect to want some tea and a ticket to Charleston.

8 comments:

Lynne 12/20/2007 3:32 AM  

Another series to read! Thanks Suzi. This looks good.

Vickie 12/20/2007 10:54 AM  

Yeah, I want to move to this city and live near that teashop every time I read one of these! I really enjoy this series. My favorite character is her tea blender.

SuziQoregon 12/20/2007 8:24 PM  

Lynne: I really think you'd like this series a lot.

Vickie: I like Drayton too - he's kind of a loveable fussbudget :-)

Literary Feline 12/20/2007 10:19 PM  

I had a Cabbage Patch doll named Theodosia. I thought it was such a strange name . . .

This series sounds like a good one. Thanks for the review.

Nyssaneala 12/21/2007 9:03 AM  

Someday I do plan on reading this series!!

SuziQoregon 12/22/2007 6:16 PM  

Literary Feline: what a great name for a Cabbage Patch doll :-)

Nyssanaela: they're short, light, and full of info about tea and great recipes too. Perfect for when you need some coziness.

bookinhand 1/02/2008 11:25 AM  

I have the first book in this series sitting on my shelf waiting its turn to be read. Thanks for the review which makes me want to read it sooner than later! Diane

SuziQoregon 1/02/2008 5:25 PM  

Diane: Hope you like it! It's been an enjoyable cozy mystery series so far.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP