THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

74 Seaside Avenue by Debbie Macomber

>> Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Series: # 7 in the Cedar Cove Series
Genre: Fiction
Publication Date: 2007
Pages: 403
Challenges:
A-Z Reading -- M Author

By book number 7, the inhabitants of Cedar Cove, Washington are like old friends. This series is light, and enjoyable. The cast of characters grows a bit with each book, but established characters are still there among the many ongoing storylines. This series has a certain sappy charm for me and I enjoy the feeling of stopping by for a cup of tea and catching up with what’s new in Cedar Cove. It’s a little bit of drama, a little bit of romance, a high dose of predictability, lots of small town charm, and an interesting mix of characters and storylines.

I picked it up as a nice light break between challenge books, but because Joy came along and made me do the A-Z challenge, I can count it for the M author for that one.

6 comments:

Joy 1/02/2008 4:25 PM  

See that? Without me, you would have read it for nothin'! :)

SuziQoregon 1/02/2008 5:23 PM  

Joy: hee hee hee ;-)

Kay 1/02/2008 5:51 PM  

I've read all these too. Well, except for this one. I have it here and will read it soon. I liked what you said about these books. It's exactly my feeling. Predictable but catching up with the same characters each year. It's like a Christmas letter from an old friend.

SuziQoregon 1/03/2008 10:34 AM  

Kay: Love the Christmas letter from a friend analogy - perfect. If you've liked the rest of the series you'll enjoy this one.

Kristie 1/03/2008 12:30 PM  

I agree with you. I have been reading this series and also got my husband's cousin's wife involved in this series as well. I always buy the book as soon as it comes out but have yet to read it. You always kind of expect the same thing and it is enjoyable.

SuziQoregon 1/04/2008 4:51 PM  

Kristie: Exactly - kind of like the book version of comfort food :-)

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP