THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

The Chunkster Challenge 2008

>> Thursday, January 3, 2008


What’s better than a new challenge? A new challenge I can join without adding any more books to my reading list. I’ve already got 6 books planned for 2008 that qualify for this one.

Dana is hosting THE CHUNKSTER CHALLENGE 2008

Here are the guidelines:
    • To qualify the book must be 450 pps regular type OR 750 pps large text.
    • You must read FOUR chunksters (one each quarter), you OBVIOUSLY may read more
    • The Challenge will run Jan 7th, 2008 - Dec 20th, 2008 . . . BUT any chunkster started after Jan 1 qualifies.

Since I tend to read quite a few longer books, I’m going to limit mine to books that are 500 pages or more.

These are the books I’ve got planned already that qualify for this challenge (and I may add more before the year is out).

  1. Faithless by Karin Slaughter
  2. Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak
  3. Peter the Great by Robert K. Massie
  4. Black Wind by Clive Cussler
  5. The Agony and The Ecstasy by Irving Stone
  6. Trinity by Leon Uris

Thanks Dana – and thanks for making this an easy one for me to add.

9 comments:

Joy 1/03/2008 9:39 AM  

You are a glutton for punishment!

I just asked her if she'd accept 448 pages and audio-books! LOL

I think I'm experiencing a panic attack. Gotta go.

BTW ~ Today, I requested friends on Goodreads. I have a few now. :)

SuziQoregon 1/03/2008 10:32 AM  

hee hee - it's hardly punishment when I was gonna read them anyway ;-) I don't know why it cracks me up that big books give you the heebie jeebies.

Les 1/03/2008 5:11 PM  

Better you than me! I'm joining a few challenges, but this is one I refuse to do. I can barely read 4-5 books a month right now and if I pick a chunkster, I'll wind up with only a dozen books read the entire year!

Have fun. :)

Literary Feline 1/03/2008 8:14 PM  

I'm planning to do it that way too--just read books I have selected for other challenges. :-) Gives me an extra excuse to read some of those bigger books.

SuziQoregon 1/04/2008 4:50 PM  

Les: Bigger books are pretty routine for me, and all of them for this challenge were already on other challenge lists. Nothing as big as Les Miserables which I read last January. That one was a monster at 1463 pages, but it was SO VERY WORTH it!!!

Literary Feline: I'm using books for multiple challenges like crazy this year - So far the record is Peter the Great which is on my list for SIX challenges :-)

Jeane 1/05/2008 8:43 AM  

I think the biggest book I ever read was "Moby Dick" which if I remember had over 800 pages! It was interesting, but so long I kept stopping and starting again, with shorter books in between. I think it took me the better part of two months to finish it! Definitely the longest time I've spent on one book.

Vickie 1/06/2008 11:17 AM  

Suzi: I'll be joining you and chunkster phobic Joy on this one, too. I think I have my list, I have to make sure they do indeed meet the page requirement. Bring on the Chunksters!!

SuziQoregon 1/08/2008 7:13 PM  

Jeane: My longest was Les Miserables - took me most of the month of January last year, but it was SO worth it.

Vickie: hee hee hee (cue the evil cackle sound effect)

Nessie: this is just the ones I've already got scheduled. Knowing my reading habits I'll be able to add more ;-)

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP