THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Heart of a Child Challenge

>> Saturday, January 26, 2008

I don’t read a lot of Young Adult and kids books, so it’s easy for me to pass up challenges that focus on those. This one, however, caught my eye. Becky is hosting The Heart of a Child Challenge.

How many? Read 3 to 6 books
When? from February 1, 2008 to July 14, 2008
What? Books and authors that you discovered, loved, or adored as a child. How am I defining "child"--I'll be generous. Anything and everything that you read through the age of 18 would qualify.
Why? Because sometimes it's fun to reread books and see if they still hold the same "magic."

More details can be found at the link above.

This is perfect for me – because even though I don’t read much of the new stuff in this genre, I have seen reviews from other bloggers participating in The Newbery Challenge of books I did adore as a kid and it’s made me want to pick them up again.

This challenge will let me do that, so I’ll be re-reading these books that I remember most from my school days:

Thanks Becky – I’m looking forward to these.

4 comments:

Kay 1/27/2008 2:41 AM  

That sounds like a fun challenge. I loved "From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler". Good luck with your choices and I look forward to hearing about them!

SuziQoregon 1/27/2008 10:04 AM  

Kay - Thanks - I'm looking forward to re-reading these.

Debi,  1/31/2008 5:43 AM  

Oh, From the Mixed-Up Files was one of my favorites of childhood, too. I used to spend hours daydreaming about hiding away in a museum!

SuziQoregon 2/04/2008 7:50 PM  

Debi: I read that one several times and I'm definitely looking forward to reading it again.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP