THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

3rd Degree by James Patterson and Andrew Gross

>> Monday, June 30, 2008

Series: #3 in Women’s Murder Club Series
Genre: Mystery
Publication Date: 2004
Pages: 339
Challenges: none

I knew I was heading into a busy weekend so I needed something fast paced that was easy to pick up if I just had a few minutes here and there. It was the perfect time for another James Patterson book. Total brain candy (“Mental Popcorn” is the new and very appropriate phrase I learned in the Books on A Nightstand group on Goodreads).

Anyway, this is the 3rd book in the Women’s Murder Club series. Set in San Francisco the series revolves around Detective Lindsay Boxer and a few of her friends (a DA, a medical examiner, and a reporter). This time the case is the hung for a serial bomber.

It was fast paced, quick and easy reading and just the thing I needed this weekend.

4 comments:

Sherri 7/03/2008 2:21 AM  

Suzi, I listened to this book on CD and loved it!!

SuziQoregon 7/04/2008 8:20 PM  

Sherri: I liked this one. I just wich the blurbs on the back and inside covers hadn't given away a major plot point :-(

Liz 7/08/2008 7:40 PM  

LOVE the "mental popcorn" description. I'll have to remember that. Do you find James Patterson over the top? I remember reading something so gratuitious years ago (can't even remember the name of the book now, though I think it was an early Alex whatever his name is) that it turned me off him forevermore.
That said, I see you're listening to an old Elizabeth Peters. She has a new one coming out this month! I'm pretty excited, esp. as it's a vicky bliss book.

SuziQoregon 7/09/2008 2:42 PM  

Liz: isn't "mental popcorn" a great term?? Of course James Patterson is over the top - that's why his books are mental popcorn for me and they're great when I need something quick and fast paced.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP