THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Private Practices by Stephen White

>> Friday, June 6, 2008

Series: #2 in the Dr. Alan Gregory Series
Genre: Mystery
Publication Date: 1993
Pages: 426
Challenges:
Medical Mystery 2008 Challenge #1

I really enjoyed this second Dr. Alan Gregory book. He’s a psychologist in Boulder, Colorado. As the book opens, there’s a hostage situation going horribly wrong right in the office Dr. Gregory shares with his friend and colleague Diane Estevez. Before long the reader is following many different story lines and many characters and trying to figure out how all of this is going to intersect because you just know it has to somehow.

The side stories of Alan and his friends and colleagues continue to develop and evolve from the storylines started in the first book in the series (Privileged Information). Because of that, it’s not a series that I’d want to read out of order.

This one was complex and although I figured some things out pretty early, other things kept me guessing until near the end. I read the first of this series for last year’s Medical Mystery Challenge, and the second for this year. I doubt I’ll wait another year to read the next book in the series.

2 comments:

Vickie 6/06/2008 10:26 PM  

Am I puh-sychic or what? Just knew I needed to check in with your blog today....and there's the reason...Medical Mystery Challenge was my very first challenge I think. Or at least one of the first.

SuziQoregon 6/07/2008 8:17 PM  

Vickie - you mean you haven't joined the Medical Mystery challenge yet?? It's right up your alley - join the fun!!

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP