THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Tonight I Said Goodbye by Michael Koryta

>> Sunday, July 20, 2008

Series: #1 in the Lincoln Perry Series
Genre: Mystery
Publication Date: 2004
Pages: 291
Challenges:
A-Z Reading #38 (K Author), TBR 2008 #10

When Investigator Wayne Weston is found dead in his home, and his wife and little girl are missing, his father hires private investigators Lincoln Perry and his partner Joe Pritchard. He wants two things, to first prove that Wayne didn’t commit suicide and second to find his granddaughter and daughter-in-law.

What starts out as a fairly run of the mill investigation soon builds into something much more complex. Lincoln and Joe are a pair of ex cops who are now private investigators. We learn early on that although Joe retired from the police department, Lincoln was forced out. The reason for that is one of the pieces of background that is revealed along the way as this mystery gets more and more intriguing. I liked that Lincoln and Joe were a good team and had some funny moments without it being all witty banter all the time. I liked how the characters and their backgrounds were developed throughout the novel rather than beginning with a quick history. It started out slowly and I wasn’t sure about it, at first. It had its flaws (for example a diary by a 5 year old??), but despite that lapse of believability it was still an entertaining enough read.

I first heard about this book from Joy, and although it’s taken me a while to get around to reading it, I’m glad I did and plan to read more of this series.

4 comments:

Joy 7/20/2008 9:00 AM  

Glad you liked it, Suzi. I put the second book in this series on my possibilities list for the 2nds Challenge.

SuziQoregon 7/23/2008 8:27 AM  

Joy - I hope you read it for the challenge so you can screen it for me ;-)

Amy 7/24/2008 12:53 PM  

One more for the TBR pile. :)

I nominated you for an award

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP