THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Initials Challenge Completed

>> Sunday, September 21, 2008

Another Challenge in the ‘done’ column. The Initials Challenge was hosted by Becky, who routinely manages to come up with interesting and fun challenge ideas. The Rules were simple and flexible – I like that in a challenge (in fact it’s not too late to join in if you want):
April 1, 2008 - November 30, 2008
Read five to eight books by authors who publish under their initials.
No lists are necessary.Sign up at any time between now and November 1, 2008.
Read as many books as you like, as long as you meet the minimum requirement of five books.

I had no trouble finding 5 books on my TBR and current challenge lists.

These are the five books I read:

  • A Room with a View by E. M. Forster – I had a bit of a hard time getting into it at first, but ended up really liking it.
  • War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells – loved it. Wells was a genius.
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling – I know I’m way behind the rest of the world on this series, but it doesn’t keep me from enjoying the heck out of it.
  • Seduction in Death by J.D. Robb – “Brain Candy” or “Mental Popcorn” but at the same time a fun mix of romance, light science fiction and crime procedural. Besides, it’s got Roarke.
  • Carry On, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse – Thanks so much to all the book bloggers (AKA “enablers”) who convinced me that I needed to read Wodehouse.
Thanks Becky! It was another fun challenge.

5 comments:

Mary 9/22/2008 2:15 PM  

Now that was a challenge with variety! I still need to read Wodehouse. Your post reminds me. Congrats on finishing another challenge.

Bookfool 9/27/2008 3:15 PM  

I'm a Wodehouse addict. Would you like to know where I learned about him? I'm going to tell you, so "No" doesn't count. LOL In 1989, hubby and I got to hear Douglas Adams do a reading from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, speak a bit, and then answer questions. One of the questions posed by a student in the audience (this took place at the University of Michigan) was, "Who was your greatest influence?" I'd never heard of Wodehouse, but I scratched the name down and looked him up. I've been an addict, ever since. I think Wodehouse was wunderbar. Actually, so was Douglas Adams.

Good going on the challenge. You're a challenge queen, Suzi!

SuziQoregon 10/02/2008 8:49 AM  

Mary: I've read two of the Wodehouse books so far and thoroughly enjoyed both of them. Just light and fun. Not laugh out loud funny, more of a smirk to yourself type of humor.

Bookfool: You are one of the bloggers who convinced me I was missing out by not reading Wodehouse so thanks for the encouragement. Love your story. (confession time . . . I haven't read Hitchiker's Guide - must remedy that one of these days).

Teddy Rose 10/21/2008 11:00 PM  

Wow, your really doing well on challenges this year! Congrats!

SuziQoregon 10/24/2008 2:28 PM  

Teddy Rose: I've been using books for multiple challenges a lot which has helped. I'm kind of in the winding down phase with several right now. I think I have 4 left that I'm trying to finish before the end of the year.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP