THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Wisdom

>> Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Inspired by the idea that one of the greatest gifts one generation can pass to another is the wisdom it has gained from experience, the Wisdom project, produced with the cooperation from Archbishop Desmond Tutu, seeks to create a record of a multicultural group of pepole who have all made their mark on the world. Presented against the same white space, all of the subjects are removed from their context, which not only democratizes them, but also allows for a clear dialogue to exist between them. In an attempt to create a more profound, honest, and truly revealing portrait of these luminaries, the project encompasses their voices, their physical presence, and the written word. This comprehensive portrayal of such a profound and global group is an index of extraordinary perspectives.
I think I either want this for Christmas or will be giving it as a gift for Christmas (or both).

Here's a trailer (but go here for more
www.wisdombook.org/ ):




More here too:
http://www.apple.com/pro/profiles/wisdom/
Filmmaker and photographer Andrew Zuckerman thinks hard-won insights should be shared. That’s why he’s releasing The Wisdom Project, a one-hour documentary film and companion book that share the collective experiences of 51 luminaries over age 65, including authors, artists, and world leaders from Willie Nelson to Nelson Mandela.
Inspired by the ancient African concept of ubuntu, which emphasizes human connectedness—I am what I am because of who we all are—Zuckerman set out to gather and communicate the lessons his extraordinary subjects have learned about love, work, the environment, and conflict resolution. “We live in a confusing and fast-changing world,” says the filmmaker. “It’s a great time to look to our elders, to see what they have to say that can help us.”


Special thanks to Lesley for posting this first. Thanks Les !!

5 comments:

Les 11/18/2008 2:25 PM  

Isn't this just the coolest thing?! Did you watch all the extra videos? Did you see my cousin? ;)

Eleanor 11/18/2008 2:27 PM  

OMG _ I love this.

Thanks, Q -- quite unexpected, and just amazing.

SuziQoregon 11/18/2008 2:30 PM  

Les: thank you so much for posting this first and leading me to it. I've watched part of the extra videos, but not all of them. Your cousin???? Where?? Who???

El: Les posted it and led me to the website - isn't it wonderful? I love the picture gallery - some amazing photos as well as words.

Les 11/18/2008 2:39 PM  

Um, Kris Kristofferson... :)

SuziQoregon 11/18/2008 2:42 PM  

Les: I did not know that. Yes I did see him.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP