THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Aunt Dimity Digs In by Nancy Atherton

>> Tuesday, January 20, 2009


Series: #4 in the Aunt Dimity seriesGenre: Cozy Mystery
Publication Date: 1998
Pages: 275
Challenges:
TBR 2009 Challenge #3, Support Your Local Library Challenge #3, What’s In a Name 2 Challenge #1 (Relative)

This cozy series has its charms as well as its quirkiness. It’s set in the small village of Finch in the English Cotswolds region. Lori Shepard and her husband Bill Willis have settled in the cottage Lori inherited from her ‘Aunt Dimity’. Dimity wasn’t really her aunt, but a close friend to Lori’s mother. Lori has recently given birth to twin boys and is completely overwhelmed with caring for them and attempting to be the perfect mother. Her friends and husband conspire to help her out by arranging for a young local woman to be their nanny.

There’s turmoil brewing in Finch, though. Peggy Kitchen is furious with the vicar. He’s allowing a visiting professor of archaeology use the schoolhouse as a base of operations for a nearby dig, but Peggy is worried that this will interfere with her plans to use the schoolhouse for her revival of the tradition of a Harvest Festival. Which side will prevail: those who want the archaeologist to discover something that will make Finch famous, or Peggy and those who want to revive some historic village traditions?

And what does an old missing pamphlet have to do with it? Who stole the pamphlet from the vicarage? Will the professor and the nanny fall in love? Lori is out to find out and she’s got Aunt Dimity to help her. Oh yes, Dimity is dead, but she ‘talks’ to Lori by writing in a journal. Told you it had quirks to go with the charm.

12 comments:

Vickie 1/21/2009 10:05 AM  

I do adore this series. They are cozy in the truest sense of the genre.

Diane 1/21/2009 10:21 AM  

I've read several in the series as well. There is a new one coming out this month I believe. BTW, I like your BLOG set up.

J. Kaye 1/21/2009 10:22 AM  

Neat! I've never heard about this author before. I am really enjoying discovering new-to-me authors and titles.

SuziQoregon 1/21/2009 7:17 PM  

Vickie: It's definitely a fun series.

Diane: I've got a bunch to read before I'll catch up with any new ones. I'm really trying to focus on making progress in my series this year.

J.Kaye: I do recommend reading the series in order, but the second one published was kind of a prequel and was my least favorite.

Sherri 1/23/2009 4:00 PM  

Hi Suzi-love the new blog!

Amy @ Hope Is the Word 1/24/2009 5:35 AM  

Sounds entertaining and fun. Great review! Thanks!

Beth F 1/24/2009 11:30 AM  

I'm one behind you in this series -- it's really charming.

Framed 1/24/2009 4:07 PM  

English Cotswolds, charming, a firendly ghost. Sounds like my kind of series. Thanks for the review.

Bookfool 1/24/2009 6:38 PM  

Someday, I'll have to read one of these books. No nightmares, right?

SuziQoregon 1/25/2009 8:52 AM  

Sherri: Thanks :-)

Amy: it is just light fun entertainment.

Beth: It's nice to have this kind of series to toss into the mix periodically. I think this one has been my favorite of the series so far.

Framed: I think you'd enjoy this series.

Bookfool: Definitely a nightmare-free zone ;-P

Red lady-Bonnie 1/27/2009 7:23 PM  

I've never read this series, it sounds good! I'll have to add them to my evergrowing wishlist!

I've given you an award, please stop by my blog for details!

SuziQoregon 1/30/2009 11:47 AM  

Bonnie: Awww - thanks!

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP