THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Love Lies Bleeding by Susan Wittig Albert

>> Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Series: #6 in the China Bayles seriesGenre: Cozy Mystery
Publication Date: 1997
Pages: 304
Challenges:
TBR 2009 Challenge #1, Support Your Local Library Challenge #1

I’m finished with book six in this series and still enjoying it. I like to slip in a few cozy mysteries in between the grittier books. By now China Bayles and the supporting cast are familiar characters with some ongoing storylines.

China is a former attorney who gave up her practice in Houston to move to Pecan Springs in the hill country of Texas. Seeking a simpler, safer life, she’s now the owner of a successful herb shop and comfortably settled in. When a former Texas Ranger who has recently moved to town is found dead, there are questions about whether it was a suicide or did his wife have something to do with it? China finds herself involved in the investigation when the man’s wife asks for her help with some legal questions. Before long China and her friend Ruby are asking more and more questions. Is the death a suicide? Is the wife involved? On top of all that, no sooner does China finally decide that she’s ready to marry her longtime boyfriend, than he starts showing signs that he may be cheating on her.

The mystery and the continuing storylines go hand in hand in this series, so my recommendation is to read them in order. It’s definitely a cozy series I thoroughly enjoy.

3 comments:

Vickie 1/14/2009 6:56 PM  

This one is coming up soon on Mt Git'r'Read. Love this series!

I am the same with my cozies. They are like a nice sorbet between my courses of meatier books.

J. Kaye 1/15/2009 3:54 AM  

I have really been wanting to read a book by this author! Heard so many good things. But like you suggested, I'll start at the beginning.

SuziQoregon 1/15/2009 8:43 AM  

Vickie: this one is great!! One of the best in the series so far in my opinion.

J. Kaye: Hope you enjoy the series too. Definitely start with Thyme of Death.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP