THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Back on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber

>> Saturday, May 9, 2009


Series: #4 in the Blossom Street series
Genre: Fiction
Publication Date: 2007
Pages: 393
Challenges:
Support Your Local Library Challenge #19

This is one of two series by Debbie Macomber that I read and enjoy. The other is her Cedar Cove series. They make great ‘palate cleansing’ type books on my menu. After a darker or heavier book, this is the kind of light relaxing stuff I enjoy.
The Blossom Street series has a yarn shop on Seattle’s Blossom Street as it’s central location. Each book in the series includes some returning characters as well as shop owner Lydia and a few of the characters from previous books. Each book focuses on a few characters who take a knitting class at the shop from Lydia. Of course friendships are developed,, secrets are hidden and revealed and much tea is consumed. Like all of Macomber’s books, the focus in on women and their lives and the reader knows that everything will most likely turn out for the good in the end.

As a nod to the yarn shop locale and the author’s love for knitting there are also patterns included in the books related to whatever Lydia’s current class is knitting.

A nice light, predictable, enjoyable read.

6 comments:

Becky 5/10/2009 11:21 PM  

I am a huge fan of Debbie MaComber! I have read all the books in the Cedar Cover Series and have just been itching to read the next one- I think it comes out in September! In the meantime, I have been trying to fill my time with other great books... for instance just finished reading "Cornfield Heiress" by Errollynne Peters- a great memoir about an amazing lady who experienced the most amazing life! I can't believe that I hadn't heard of the "Blossom Street Series." I am going to have to check them out. Thank you for the tip!

SuziQoregon 5/12/2009 7:05 AM  

Becky: thanks for stopping by

Lori 5/12/2009 8:04 AM  

I love this series! Don't want it to end!

Lori

Molly 5/16/2009 7:19 AM  

A palette cleansing book - I like that expression!

I have not read this author, but I think I would enjoy the Blossom Street series. My "palette cleansing" genre is typically some kind of mystery.

By the way - I found you blog by way of Semicolon's Saturday Review

gautami tripathy 5/16/2009 8:53 AM  

I have read a couple of Macomber books. Liked both.

BTW, I lost my book blog to Malware. everything distils into reading is my new blog. Please do visit it, link it, subscribe to it or follow it! Do help me spread the word.

SuziQoregon 5/18/2009 6:19 PM  

Lori: So far I've enjoyed them all.

Molly: I love Saturday Review - I find new and books for my TBR list almost every week. Glad you stopped by.

Gautami Tripathy: I heard about your blog - thanks for the link to the new one. I'm pretty good about backing mine up every few posts.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP