THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Library Loot – May 14

>> Thursday, May 14, 2009


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Alessandra that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.

I’ve never done a Library Loot post, but as much as I use my libraries and considering I’m participating in the Support your Local Library Challenge this year, it’s high time I started doing so on a regular basis.

I’m fortunate to be able to have access to two very excellent county library systems. I work in one county and live in another so both are easily accessible and rarely am I without one or more library books checked out.

Here’s what I currently have out from the libraries:

Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
I’m nearing the halfway point in this one and really enjoying it.


Higher Authority by Stephen White
I think I need to read this one next because someone else has a hold request on it so I won’t be able to renew it. I’d rather go ahead and read it than wait and request it again later.



Haunted Ground by Erin Hart
I heard about this one from the Mystery Lovers group on Goodreads. It looks promising.




The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
All the positive reviews have convinced me to give it a try even though it’s not my usual type of book. It’s another one that has holds that prevent renewing, but I just checked it out today so I have it for three weeks.






These are the Books on CD that I’ve had out long enough this week to load them onto my ipod for later listening.

Miss Julia Paints the Town by Ann B, Ross
A fun light series.

The Snake, the Crocodile and the Dog by Elizabeth Peters
I just finished #6 in the series so needed to get #7 on the ipod.







10 comments:

Eva 5/14/2009 8:56 AM  

I'm glad you decided to join in! :D

Les 5/14/2009 7:40 PM  

I'm pretty sure you can zip through The Hunger games in 2-3 days. It's very addictive and you won't want to set it down for very long. Enjoy!!

SuziQoregon 5/15/2009 8:37 AM  

Eva: I use my libraries so much I really should have joined in sooner. Not sure I'll post every week, but it's fun.

Les: I glanced at Hunger Games when I picked it up at the library and I have a feeling it'll be a pretty quick read. I'm kind of counting on that to make this list not overwhelming ;-) BTW - it was your review that put me over the edge to requesting this one.

Kailana 5/15/2009 12:51 PM  

The Hunger Games is in for me at the library, too! Now I just need to find some time to read it...

bethany (dreadlock girl) 5/18/2009 12:04 PM  

I am going to read Hunger Games this month too with my local book club! I can't wait, I have heard such great things.

SuziQoregon 5/18/2009 6:16 PM  

Kailana: I think it's next after the one I'm currently reading. I can't help myself at the library - returned one and brought two home.

Bethany: Looks like there are several of us who will be reading it in the next few weeks. Kind of a second wave after the first round of blog posts?

Bookfool 5/18/2009 8:06 PM  

You are very, very fortunate to have such nice library access. I went ahead and bought a copy of The Hunger Games, last week. I'd much rather check out books, but our library is kind of pitiful.

SuziQoregon 5/20/2009 10:32 AM  

Bookfool: I know I'm lucky. Both counties have great library systems with easy online access and request capabilities.

Stephanie 5/22/2009 11:22 AM  

I just finished The Hunger Games and enjoyed it. It's pretty fast paced so won't take all that long to read!

SuziQoregon 5/22/2009 1:58 PM  

Stephanie: the timing is going to work out perfectly. I'm almost done with my current book and will be able to read The Hunger Games this weekend. I'm looking forward to it, but also a wee bit fearful as it's highly hyped and not my usual genre(s).

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP