THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Library Loot – May 20

>> Wednesday, May 20, 2009


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Alessandra that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.

I’m negative on the library balance this week. Returned one, but checked out 2 more. At this rate, I’ll never get to the books I own. I can’t help it. I go into the library and books jump into my arms.

Here’s what I currently have out from the libraries:

Higher Authority by Stephen White
I’m reading this one now. It’s a mystery involving a sexual harassment suit against the Mormon chief clerk for the first Mormon Chief Justice. I’m not sure where it’s headed yet, but I’m pretty sure the LDS church will be the bad guy. I’ve enjoyed Stephen White’s other books in this series, but Alan Gregory has not had any real presence in this one yet. I don’t think I’ll finish it before it’s due on Friday, but since there’s another hold on it I can’t renew. Guess I’ll have a late fee.


I’ll get to these soon:

Haunted Ground by Erin Hart
I heard about this one from the Mystery Lovers group on Goodreads. It looks promising.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
All the positive reviews have convinced me to give it a try even though it’s not my usual type of book. I think this will be my next book.


This is what I checked out this week:

Warm Springs: Traces of a Childhood at FDR’s Polio Haven by Susan Richards Shreve
I heard about this one from when I read this
review at Maggie Reads. This is one of my books for the Southern Reading Challenge.
by Joshilyn Jackson
Another book I’ll be reading for the Southern Reading Challenge. I enjoyed Jackson’s first two books but haven’t gotten around to this one yet.

4 comments:

Vasilly 5/20/2009 9:33 AM  

The Hunger Games is a great book! I hope you enjoy it. The Shreve book sounds interesting. I'm adding it to my TBR list. Happy reading.

The Bumbles 5/22/2009 8:02 AM  

I'll be interested to hear what you have to say about The Girl Who Stopped Swimming. I've been seeing it around quite a bit and keep coming back to it but haven't put it on the list yet. Good to know those books jump into other peoples' arms at the library too ;0)

Eva 5/22/2009 10:56 AM  

I want to read The Girl Who Stopped Swimming! :) I've read almost all library books this year, instead of books I own...but I can't feel guilty about it, because they're free! :)

SuziQoregon 5/22/2009 2:01 PM  

Vasilly: I'll be starting The Hunger Games tonight - everyone is telling me it's great so I'm glad it's working out to be my weekend reading. The Shreve book sounded so interesting when Maggie reviewed it, and the Southern Reading Challenge is a perfect excuse to read it soon.

Bumbles: I'll be reading it soon, so I'll let you know. I really enjoyed her first two books.

Eva: me too, but it doesn't seem to keep me from continuing to buy books too.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP