THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Library Loot - May 29

>> Friday, May 29, 2009


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Alessandra that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.

I made some progress on a better library balance this week. I try to keep what I have at home to a manageable level. I read 3 and only checked out 2 so I’m not feeling stressed by my library books right now.

New this week are:

Charity Girl by Georgette Heyer. I’ve never read any of Heyer’s books, but I keep seeing all kinds of reviews that make me want to try one. This one looked fun.

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. A classic I’ve never read. I decided that I want to go the audio route on this one and when I discovered this version by Recorded Books on the library website I seriously did a little chair dance. It’s read by Barbara Rosenblat. She’s one of my very favorite audiobook readers. It’s 15 cds and I really don’t know when I’ll get around to listening to it, but I’ll get it loaded onto my ipod for when I’m ready.

4 comments:

Kailana 5/29/2009 2:10 PM  

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is such a good book!

(Hopefully I can comment today)

Framed 5/29/2009 8:01 PM  

I really enjoyed A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. It will be fun to read your review. I have a Heyer book on the shelf waiting to be read. It will be my first of her. I like the cover of your book.

SuziQoregon 6/08/2009 7:16 AM  

Kailana: I've wanted to read it for years. I'm looking forward to listening to it.

Framed: this will be my first Heyer book. I keep reading reviews that make her books sound fun, so I had to give one a try. That's the cover on the edition I got from the library. There are so many different covers of her books because they've been around so long.

Eva 6/12/2009 8:52 PM  

I haven't read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn either; I'm 'saving' it, lol.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP