THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Southern Reading Challenge Three

>> Monday, May 4, 2009

Yay!! One of my very favorite challenges is back for another year. I decided to drastically reduce my challenge participation this year, but was holding a space in my planning for this one and Maggie’s post yesterday just made my day.



The Southern Reading Challenge is back and I’m in for another year.

It's that time of year!

The time when you pour a glass of lemonade or sweet tea and take your official summer spot on the porch. Lean back in that chase lounge surrounded by geraniums and ferns, and begin the summer long journey into Southern culture.

Yes, it's hot!

Yes, it does get uncomfortable, but it is well worth the effort as you discover our unique "Southern" point of view.

You may choose to read any style of Southern book such as Appalachian tales, Civil War sagas, Gothic myths, Grit lit, and heart-wrenching biographies. Click here for ideas. Just as long as you read three (fiction or nonfiction) between May 15th and August 15th.


Thank you, Maggie – I’m not sure which three I’ll read, but here are the books that qualify that are already on my TBR list. I should have no trouble reading three of these

5 comments:

Booklogged 5/05/2009 5:57 PM  

Such a beautiful button. I've enjoyed doing this challenge in the past, but I absolutely can't this year. I am trying to say no to review books, but I still have such a large number to read. I guess I could see if any take place in the South.

Great list. Have fun.

Vickie 5/06/2009 2:24 PM  

I like your choices. I am going to try it again this year. Like you, I chiseled my challenges way-hay down this year, but I have a special few dear to my heart and this is one of them.

Bookfool 5/07/2009 6:07 PM  

Oh, doggone it. I might have to join in on this one, again, and then I'll have to take down my 7up-ish "Unchallenged" button. You always find the most interesting titles.

SuziQoregon 5/07/2009 7:23 PM  

Bookfool: Well if you don't 'officially' join, but just add a couple of books to your stack you'll still be technically unchallenged :-) I gotta say that two of the best I've read that would qualify are One Foot in Eden by Ron Rash and The Well and the Mine by Gin Phillips.

SuziQoregon 5/07/2009 8:23 PM  

Booklogged: Bummer you can't participate this year, but see my note to Bookfool - you can 'unofficially' join :-)

Vickie: this has really become one of my very favorite challenged. I think I'm really a Southerner who was geographically misaligned at birth.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP