THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Audiobook – Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich

>> Wednesday, July 22, 2009


Genre: Mystery
Publication Date: 2005
Read by: Lorelei King

This was in fact my second time through for this book. I’ve read the books through Thirteen, but several years ago The Hubster and I started listening to this series on road trips. He enjoyed them while driving and I didn’t mind listening again since it had been a while since I’d read the books. I haven’t read the two most recent books and after listening again to Lorelei King’s wonderful reading, I think I’ll just stick with audio for this series from now on. They’re fun for freeway driving and it’s nice to have something to make us laugh along the way.

I had forgotten how much fun one was. In my mind this series is more of a sitcom in book version than it is a mystery series.

This time around Stephanie quits her bounty hunter job because she’s tired of the danger. Of course, the danger just continues and even though she’s not working for her cousin Vinny at the bond office, it’s Stephanie so things never go smoothly. She doesn’t have any trouble finding alternate employment; she just has trouble keeping it. She’s being stalked and cars blow up at a higher than normal (even for Stephanie) rate. The usual supporting cast is there helping and hindering things along the way.

The best part of this book though is the grandmothers. Joe's Grandma Bella, Stephanie’s Grandma Mazur and a new addition – Mama Macaroni (and her mole) are all involved.

We laughed our way to Southern Oregon and back.

Rating: 4 stars

5 comments:

Karen :) 7/22/2009 8:35 AM  

These books just crack me up! I finished Fearless Fourteen last night. :)

SuziQoregon 7/24/2009 1:55 PM  

Karen: Listening to this one again was fun - I laughed a lot more than I had with the last couple I'd read (12&13). How was 14?

dolcebellezza 7/26/2009 10:24 AM  

She is such a fun, light author. I've only read one or two, but I did enjoy them, and my sister in law has read them all!

Kris 7/28/2009 12:01 PM  

Glad to hear you like the audio version, I'm behind in the series as well and plan to catch up via audio. I have #13 reserved.

SuziQoregon 7/28/2009 1:35 PM  

Bellezza: when I told The Hubster that this was on my ipod for our trip to Ashland he said "good - we always listen to Steph when we go to Southern Oregon". I'm glad he enjoys them too. The fun light stuff is good road trip listening.

Kris: I doubt I'll bother with the book versions and stick with audio from here on out.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP