THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Book Blogger Appreciation Week

>> Friday, July 17, 2009


I’m happydancing because I missed this event last year due to being out of town, but this year I get to join in on the fun. Even without participating, I benefited from those who did by discovering many new blogs and blogging buddies.

Amy at
My Friend Amy has announced the preliminaries leading up to this year’s Book Blogger Appreciation Week which will be September 14-18. Please go check out the blog and if you have a book blog, register and join in the fun.

Here’s what the BBAW site says about this:

Last year over 400 blogs came together to celebrate the art of book blogging during the first ever Book Blogger Appreciation Week! I am so pleased to announce that the second annual Book Blogger Appreciation Week will be taking place September 14-18.

WHO Anyone who blogs about books is invited to participate. In fact, we want everyone who blogs about books and reading to be a part of this week!

WHAT A week where we come together, celebrate the contribution and hard work of book bloggers in promoting a culture of literacy, connecting readers to books and authors, and recogonizing the best among us with the Second Annual BBAW Awards. There will be special guest posts, daily blogging themes, and giveaways.

WHEN September 14-18, 2009

WHERE Here at the new Book Blogger Appreciation Week Blog! (Please note that this year there are three separate blogs and feeds—one for the main event, one for
giveaways, and one for awards.)

WHY Because books matter. In a world full of options, the people talking about books pour hard work, time, energy, and money into creating a community around the written word. I, Amy, the founder of Book Blogger Appreciation Week love this community of bloggers and want to shower my appreciation on you!

There is a long list of awards to be presented – the nominations are open now so head on over and nominate your favorites. I’m working on mine, but need to think about it for a few days. Nominations won’t close until August 15th, but there’s a long category list to consider so take a look soon.

You don’t have to have a blog or register to submit nominations, so take a look at the nomination form and submit your favorites.

2 comments:

The Bumbles 7/17/2009 8:08 PM  

Very cool - had not heard of this. Thanks for promoting - will certainly go check it out. I love all you book bloggers - I don't know how you keep up the pace.

SuziQoregon 7/20/2009 7:33 AM  

Bumbles: Hope you do check it out and make some nominations. I'm not nearly as prolific as some book bloggers, but it's fun.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP