THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Southern Reading Challenge Completed

>> Thursday, July 30, 2009


I’d been holding off on calling this challenge complete just in case I managed to read another qualifying book before the end date. It looks like that’s not going to happen. I’ve read the 3 books required by the challenge so I’m moving this one to the completed column.

I look forward to
The Southern Reading Challenge every year and I’m very happy that Maggie brought it back for round 3 this year.

The rules were simple – 3 Southern books between May 15th and August 15th. I had listed five possibilities and I’ve read these three:

1.
The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson – I thought it was good, but I think I prefer the author’s first two books.

2.
Warm Springs: Traces of a Childhood at FDR’s Polio Haven by Susan Richards Shreve – this was a fascinating story about growing up in extremely unique circumstances.

3.
Chamomile Mourning by Laura Childs – another in the Tea Shop cozy mystery series that I return to on a regular basis for a chance to slow down a bit and revisit Charleston, SC.

Thanks again to Maggie. The two possibilities I haven’t read yet are already on my list for next years challenge!!

3 comments:

Missy 7/30/2009 9:46 AM  

Congrats on completing the challenge. I enjoyed it as well, and look forward to next years challenge.

Teddy Rose 7/30/2009 9:02 PM  

Congrats on finishing!!

SuziQoregon 8/02/2009 6:47 AM  

Missy: thanks! this has been one of my very favorite challenges. I love books set in the south and so many southern authors.

TeddyRose: thanks!

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP