THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Book Blogger Appreciation Week Reading Meme

>> Tuesday, September 15, 2009


This one is tough because we’ve been asked to limit our responses to five words or less but we're allowed to use pictures.


Do you snack while you read? If so,
favorite reading snack?
No - Lunchtime and train reader
Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
Books look new when finished


How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?












Laying the book flat open?

Never crack spine - at worst:


Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
Both

Hard copy or audiobooks?
Both


Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
Chapter end or train stop

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
Depends on where I’m reading



What are you currently reading?












What is the last book you bought?

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?
One book and one audiobook


Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?

Anytime, Anywhere
























Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
Both

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
David Rosenfelt, Ron Rash

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
Fiction -by author, Non -by subject.

18 comments:

Belle 9/15/2009 7:19 PM  

Love your pictures - especially your bookshelves! So nice and neat. Mine have books precariously balanced in slivers of shelf space.

This one will be a challenge for me. I like to use many, many words ...

Book Psmith 9/15/2009 9:28 PM  

That view is beautiful. Almost as lovely as the pictures of the bookshelves.

Browngirl 9/15/2009 9:33 PM  

Love that you incorporated pics and the view is amazing.

ibeeeg 9/15/2009 10:55 PM  

Love your reading locations.
The book titled: Girl with the Dragon Tattoo had caught my eye with the title alone.
Love your bookshelves...

Rasco from RIF 9/16/2009 4:42 AM  

How organized your bookshelves are...impressive! Thanks for sharing.

Meghan 9/16/2009 4:45 AM  

I love all the pictures! Those magnetic bookmarks are just adorable.

Maree 9/16/2009 6:00 AM  

Woops! I didn't see the word restriction _ I'm sure my answers were too long. Love your reading spots :)

Beth F 9/16/2009 7:41 AM  

Love your photos. Great job! I'll join you in the backyard anytime.

Anastasia 9/16/2009 10:25 AM  

Ooo, you commute on a train! I'm a bus commuter myself, but I'd prefer train commuting (so much more stylish).

Love the pictures!

- Anastasia

Mari 9/16/2009 3:29 PM  

I love your book clips. :)
So cute.

Trish 9/16/2009 4:16 PM  

I love how you've done this post with pictures! And those little penguin book clips are too cute.

Kailana 9/16/2009 8:25 PM  

I really like the bookshelves. I assume they are yours? I think it is fun the creative folk that did this meme with pictures!

Bookfool 9/18/2009 3:32 PM  

Oh, good reminder. I've gotten two Ron Rash books on your recommendation and I haven't read either. Soon, I hope. I love the photographs! It would be fun to live somewhere with public transport, but then I'd need a job so I could read on the train. That probably sounds a little silly.

softdrink 9/19/2009 3:42 PM  

I'm drooling over those bookshelves!

Anna 9/19/2009 9:46 PM  

Another train reader! That's where I do 99% of my reading. Love those bookshelves!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

SuziQoregon 9/23/2009 9:33 AM  

Thanks to all who stopped by - this was a fun post.

Belle, Guatami Tripathy: thanks - I had fun with the pictures - saved me some words too.

Book Psmith, Browngirl: that ocean view? That's where I did my vacation reading this summer on the Oregon coast- it was glorious!

Ibeeeg: I've had The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on my TBR list for ages - was waiting for the paperback.

Rasco, Kailana, Softdrink: Luckily we had a spare bedroom that we could use two walls for bookshelves. We're gonna be in trouble if we ever move.

Meghan, Mari, Trish: I just adore those little magnetic bookmarks. I need to get some more. I toss my books in my backpack when I go to work so I need something that doesn't fall out.

Maree: No big deal - the 5 words was hard - I've enjoyed reading all the posts for this meme no matter how many words were used.

BethF: My sister in law made those adirondack chairs for us. It's nice to have a comfy place to read both on the front porch and in the back so depending on whether I want sun or shade I have a choice.

Anastasia, Anna: Yup - I've got about a 20 min. train ride morning and afternoon into and out of downtown. I love having my commute be reading time rather than road rage time.

Bookfool: you really need to read those Ron Rash books.

Literary Feline 9/25/2009 12:13 AM  

Can you tell I'm catching up on BBAW posts? :-)

I had a lot of fun filling out this meme. I enjoyed reading your answers--and great addition of photos!

The only time I really eat when I read is at lunch time too--and sometimes I admit I just read and don't eat during lunch.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP