THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Play Dead by David Rosenfelt

>> Thursday, September 17, 2009


Series: #6 in the Andy Carpenter series
Genre: Mystery
Publication Date: 2007
Pages: 358
Challenges: TBR 2009 Challenge Alternate #12


Once again David Rosenfelt kept me interested and guessing about the mystery while at the same time laughing. Andy Carpenter is a smart-mouthed wisecracking New Jersey lawyer who irritates both judges and prosecutors in the process of doing the right thing for his clients. This is true even when his client is a dog.

As this book opens Andy finds himself petitioning to save a golden retriever from certain death after it bites the person who claims to be it’s owner. Andy has a soft spot for goldens because his own dog, Tara (according to Andy) has had her official title updated to “Tara, the Greatest Creature on this or Any Other Planet and if You Can’t See That You’re an Idiot, Carpenter”. As Andy says “It’s a little long, but it’s apt.

What comes as a total surprise is that the dog Andy is trying to save may turn out to be the key to proving the innocence of a man found guilty of murder five years ago.

It’s not all fun and giggles in this series. It’s a good mix of interesting and twisting mystery with some fun humor and quirky returning characters thrown in.

This is a fun series. If you haven’t tried it yet, pick up a copy of the first book (
Open and Shut) and give it a chance.






Rating 4/5




5 comments:

Julie P. 9/18/2009 9:47 AM  

I have read all of the books in the series except this one. I need to read it! I just love the characters and the dog!

Bookfool 9/18/2009 3:43 PM  

I just love the Andy Carpenter books. I'll have to backtrack, since I read the last one recently instead of going in order.

SuziQoregon 9/23/2009 9:40 AM  

Julie P: I really enjoyed this one a lot. I loved his new title for Tara ;-)

Bookfool: I've been reading them in order so my next one will be New Tricks. Have you read his standalone novel?

Literary Feline 9/25/2009 12:15 AM  

I have the 1st book in this series in my TBR collection and am looking forward to reading it. I am glad the series continues to be fun.

SuziQoregon 10/06/2009 9:21 PM  

Literary Feline: Oh I hope you enjoy this series as much as I have.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP