THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

2009 Support Your Local Library Challenge Wrap-Up

>> Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I technically completed this challenge last week, but I’m going to continue to add books to my list so I’m calling this one "completed but still tracking".


Support Your Local Library Challenge


J-Kaye created the perfect challenge for me in 2009 - The Support Your Local Library Challenge. I love my libraries and use them extensively. Hardly a week goes by without a stop at one of them. I’m lucky enough to live in one county and work in another and both counties have wonderful library systems.

When I signed up for this challenge last year, I hesitated about what level of participation to set as a goal. I decided to try for 50 and see how it went. Well I easily met the 50 books goal without even counting my audiobooks. This was after taking off a couple of months from the library for the Clear Your Shelves Challenge. This challenge worked well with my goal to try to rein in a bit of my spending on books. I still bought plenty of books this year. I don’t even want to start counting those up. I did focus my book buying on the books that I knew I wanted to keep or those that I knew The Hubster would also read. That left plenty of books at the library just waiting to jump off the shelves and come home with me for a visit.

These are the books I read this year from the library (alphabetical order by author). As I said, this does not include my audiobooks which are all from the library). I will continue to update this list until the end of the year just to continue tracking my library books for 2009. Links are to my reviews.

Love Lies Bleeding by Susan Wittig Albert
Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson
Aunt Dimity Digs In by Nancy Atherton
Aunt Dimity's Christmas by Nancy Atherton
The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker
Coyote by Linda Barnes
Murphy's Law by Rhys Bowen
Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo
The Cross-Country Quilters by Jennifer Chiaverini
Chamomile Mourning by Laura Childs
Little Bee by Chris Cleave
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
47 Rules of Highly Effective Bank Robbers by Troy Cook
Stalking the Angel by Robert Crais
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K Dick
Homer & Langley by E.L. Doctorow
Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier
The Bookman's Wake by John Dunning
Delusion by G.H. Ephron
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Murder on a Girls' Night Out by Anne George
The Apprentice by Tess Gerritsen
Buried Bones by Carolyn Haines
The Secret Keeper by Paul Harris
Haunted Ground by Erin Hart
Charity Girl by Georgette Heyer
The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand
Eli the Good by Silas House
The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe
The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson
The Lost Boy by Brent Jeffs
A World I Never Made by James LePore
Susannah's Garden by Debbie Macomber
Back on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber
Tomorrow When the War Began by John Marsden
The Dead of Night by John Marsden
A Killing Frost by John Marsden
Benny & Shrimp by Katarina Mazetti
Ruined by Paula Morris
Deadly Decisions by Kathy Reichs
Cold is the Grave by Peter Robinson
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
Warm Springs: Traces of a Childhood at FDR's Polio Haven by Susan Richards Shreve
To Darkness and to Death by Julia Spencer-Fleming
Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
Sweeping Up Glass by Carolyn Wall
Higher Authority by Stephen White
In the Sanctuary of Outcasts by Neil White
The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams
Pardonable Lies by Jacqueline Winspear
The Leisure Seeker by Michael Zadoorian


I was actually surprised that I met the goal of 50 without counting my audiobooks. I’m planning on joining the 2010 version of this challenge. It’s an easy one for me since I have such great libraries and can easily take advantage of them.

Thanks again to J-Kaye for a useful and fun challenge.

4 comments:

Carolyn 12/09/2009 5:37 AM  

Thanks of including my book in your list. Libraries and readers--a big part of the equation of writers and books.

J. Kaye 12/09/2009 6:17 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
J. Kaye 12/09/2009 6:20 AM  

I swear to you. I really did have coffee this morning. Maybe that's my problem? Too much caffeine? Ugh!

Anyway, congrats on a job well done. I signed up for the baby one in 2009 and will go for the gold in 2010. Love the library. It's an organization I dearly believe in. So glad to know there are others who do too.

SuziQoregon 12/18/2009 9:52 AM  

Carolyn: Thanks to you for writing it. I liked it a lot and have recommended it.

J.Kaye: thanks for being such a great challenge hostess. I'm looking forward to the 2010 challenge!!

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP