>> Tuesday, December 15, 2009
I only do a select few challenges and this is one that I enthusiastically join. Last year I thought I’d have to use my audiobooks to reach my 50 library books goal, but I made without them. Just over half of the books I’ve read this year have been from the libary
The 2010 Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge is hosted once again by J-Kaye.
The rules are flexible and fun. No listing ahead required. All you have to do is keep track of books you check out and read from the library.
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.I’m choosing the Just my Size level and setting the same 50 book goal I used last year. Beginning in January, I’ll be updating my progress on my Current Reading Challenges Post which can be found at the “My Reading Challenges” link right under the header picture at the top of this page.
2. There are four levels:
--The Mini – Check out and read 25 library books.
--Just My Size – Check out and read 50 library books.
--Stepping It Up – Check out and read 75 library books.
--Super Size Me – Check out and read 100 library books.
3. Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Young Reader – any book as long as it is checked out from the library count. Checked out like with a library card, not purchased at a library sale.
4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
5. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.
6. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010.