THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

What's in a Name? 3 Challenge

>> Monday, December 21, 2009


Absolutely, I’m in! For the past couple of years this has been one of my favorite challenges. I was so pleased to see that even though the original hostess (Annie) is no longer hosting it, that Beth Fish Reads has picked up the reins.

So here's how it works: Between January 1 and December 31, 2010, read one book in each of the following categories:

  1. A book with a food in the title: Clockwork Orange, Grapes of Wrath, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
  2. A book with a body of water in the title: A River Runs through It, Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, The Lake House
  3. A book with a title (queen, president) in the title: The Murder of King Tut, The Count of Monte Cristo, Lady Susan
  4. A book with a plant in the title: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Wind in the Willows, The Name of the Rose
  5. A book with a place name (city, country) in the title: Out of Africa; London; Between, Georgia
  6. A book with a music term in the title: Song of Solomon, Ragtime, The Piano Teacher

The book titles are just suggestions, you can read whatever book you want to fit the category.


For more details about the challenge and to sign up check out the challenge blog.

I love the categories that have been selected this year. It can’t be easy to come up with those. As always I started browsing my TBR list to see what books I already plan to read might fit the categories. I usually manage to fit in at least a few of my ‘next in the series’ books for challenges and this time around was no exception.

These are the books I’m considering for the categories, I’m not going to commit to any specific titles yet, but here are some of the options I’ve got in mind.

A book with a food in the title:
Blood Orange Brewing by Laura Childs (Teashop Series)
Orange Crush by Tim Dorsey (Serge Storms Series)


A book with a body of water in the title:

The Hippopotamus Pool by Elizabeth Peters (Amelia Peabody Series)
Lake of Sorrows by Erin Hart


A book with a title in the title:
The Constant Princess by Phillipa Gregory
King of Lies by John Hart


A book with a plant in the title:
Chile Death by Susan Wittig Albert (China Bayles Series)
The Coffee Trader by David Liss


A book with a place name in the title:
Sarum by Edward Rutherfurd ( I loved this book and have been wanting to re-read it for a while)
Molokai by Alan Brennert


A book with a music term in the title:
Lullaby Town by Robert Crais (Elvis Cole Series)
Sorrows Anthem by Michael Koryta (Lincoln Perry Series)


I’ll be updating my progress on my Current Reading Challenges Post which can be found at the “My Reading Challenges” link right under the header picture at the top of this page.

2 comments:

Beth F 12/26/2009 5:20 AM  

Yippee!!!! I'm so glad you are joining in the fun. I love some of your book choices. I'm slightly concerned about my music category.

SuziQoregon 1/03/2010 8:26 PM  

Beth: thanks to YOU for hosting the challenge. The music category was a tough one for me. Thanks for allowing Lullaby ;-)

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP