THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber

>> Tuesday, January 26, 2010


Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber
Genre: Fiction
Series: #5 in the Blossom Street series
Publication Date: 2008
Pages: 360
Challenges: Support Your Local Library #5
Source: Library

The Short Version:
A nice comfort type of read in which a group of women friends support each other as they find ways to make changes in their lives based on their lists of twenty wishes.

Why I Read It:
This is one of two series by Debbie Macomber (the other is her Cedar Cove series) that I turn to when I need a nice light enjoyable story that I know will have a mostly happy ending.

The Book:
This series always focuses on one of the shops on Seattle’s Blossom Street. It started with Lydia’s yarn shop and every book has introduced a new core group of characters and brought back some of the familiar friends from the previous books. This time around the primary focus is on Anne Marie Roche who runs Blossom Street Books. When she and a group of friends (all fairly recent widows) gather for a Valentine’s Day get together it leads to them all agreeing to participate in listing twenty wishes that they have for their lives.

The power of writing down what you want to accomplish goes a long way toward making that an achievable goal. That the women list wishes rather than things they should do is a interesting concept. Maybe a little less realistically achievable, but since it’s a Debbie Macomber book, you know that love will win the day and all will work out for the best for all concerned. Along the way will be some fortuitous coincidences, some tears, some laughter, some misunderstandings and you know it will all be OK before it’s over.

My Thoughts:
Since my last book was still hanging around in my brain, Debbie Macomber was just what I needed. Her books are always a pleasant diversion that I enjoy despite and probably because of their predictability and focus on women characters.


3 stars Rating 3/5

2 comments:

Kay 1/26/2010 1:22 PM  

I enjoy Debbie Macomber for exactly the same reason you do. While this one was not my favorite of this series, it was still good in my opinion. Like the Cedar Cover series she writes, when the new book comes out, I read it. She's a comfort author for me.

SuziQoregon 1/26/2010 9:11 PM  

Kay: exactly - put on the fuzzy slippers, brew a cuppa tea and relax with either the Blossom Street Series or Cedar Cove - just says comfortable and cozy.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP