THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Sookie Stackhouse Challenge Wrap Up

>> Friday, July 2, 2010


I just barely completed this on before the deadline.

Beth Fish Reads hosted The Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge and it was a lot of fun.

The Rules and time frame were fairly easy to work with:

Between July 1, 2009, and June 30, 2010, catch up on Charlaine Harris's Southern Vampire series. No matter if you're starting with book 1 or book 8, you have a year to read all about Sookie. Read Sookie in print, listen to the audio, read an eBook -- format is not an issue.
The Books (links are to my reviews):


  • Dead Until Dark

  • Living Dead in Dallas

  • Club Dead

  • Dead to the World

  • Dead as a Doornail

  • Definitely Dead

  • All Together Dead

  • From Dead to Worse

  • Dead and Gone


  • When this challenge was announced I jumped on it because I’d been wanting to read the series anyway and it gave me a good reason to plow through them fairly quickly. I spaced the books out fairly evenly but still had to rush a bit at the end.

    All in all it’s been a fun series, and I’m glad I finished the first 9 before the end of the challenge, but after reading the last three fairly close together I’ll probably let the next book languish at the bookstore for a while before I buy it. I’m perfectly happy to wait for the paperback. I don’t normally read a series too close together because it tends to tire me of the sameness. I did OK with this series and do plan to continue, but . . . later.

    3 comments:

    Laura @ I'm Booking It 7/02/2010 8:03 PM  

    I didn't have to squeeze them together, but I'm still planning to take a break!

    Congratulations on finishing on time :-).

    Beth F 7/03/2010 6:03 AM  

    So happy you enjoyed the books. I entered you in the drawing for the gift certificate, but the number that came up was really low!

    I still have 4 books to go. I can't believe I failed my own challenge.

    SuziQoregon 7/08/2010 9:00 PM  

    Laura: you planned better than I did. I'll probably wait for the newest one to come out in paperback ;-)

    BethF: who cares? Thanks again for hosting this challenge - it was a ton of fun!

    Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

    I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

    Blog Archive

    My latest Photo a Day

    See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

      © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

    Back to TOP