THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

5th Horseman by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro

>> Tuesday, September 14, 2010



5th Horseman by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro


Genre: Mystery
Series: #5 in the Women’s Murder Club series
Publication Date: 2006
Pages: 428
Challenges: Support Your Local Library #37
Source: Library ebook



The Short Version:
One serial killer hunt and one investigation that seems to be pointing to a possibly evil doctor keep the four members of San Francisco’s Women’s Murder Club busy.

Why I Read It:
It’s been a while since I read a book from this series. I’d been a little disappointed in the 4th book and maybe that’s why I put this one off.


The Book:
At a San Francisco hospital patients who seem to be on the road to recovery keep dying suddenly and are found with distinctive coins on their eyes. Journalist Cindy Thomas is working the story of the negligence lawsuit against the hospital. When her friend Yuki’s mother is admitted to the hospital, Cindy wonders if there is cause for concern.

At the same time Lieutenant Lindsay Boxer and Medical Examiner Claire Washburn are both involved in investigating what appears to be a serial killer preying on young blond women and leaving their bodies posed in abandoned cars.

These four friends are soon deeply involved in both of these cases. Will the police find and stop the killer of the so called ‘car girls”? Is the hospital guilty of negligence or is there something more sinister going on and is there a killer masquerading as a healer. Is Yuki’s mother in danger?

My Thoughts:
After having been somewhat disappointed in the 4th book in this series, I was happy to see all the friends involved in this one. The two stories were both interesting and allowed all of the main characters to be involved. I think that’s what I didn’t like about the previous book. It was too much Lindsay and not enough of the rest of the group.

This was a typical Patterson, short chapter, fast paced, quick reading book. It’s a series I enjoy and probably won’t wait so long before I pick up the sixth book.


Rating 3/5

2 comments:

Kailana 9/18/2010 7:24 AM  

I really need to read the 6th book. It is around here somewhere. I think the series is up to 9 now, so I need to get cracking before it gets too far ahead of me again!

SuziQoregon 9/27/2010 1:49 PM  

I was glad to see this one get back to what I enjoy about the series. Just wasn't impressed with the 4th book. I usually have several Patterson books on my shelf. I find them to be good 'palate cleanser' type books in between heavier books or other genres. I always know it's going to be a fast paced entertaining quick read.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP