THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Book Blogger Appreciation Week – First Treasure

>> Monday, September 13, 2010

Hi folks! It’s Book Blogger Appreciation Week and now that the awards nonsense is out of the way we’re getting on with my favorite part of this week, the appreciation part. It’s all about the good stuff in the book blogging community and why I enjoy being a part of it.



This week there are daily topics and while I won’t be participating in all of them I will be posting about the topic of the day for most of this week.

The theme this year is “A Treasure Chest of Infinite Books and Infinite Blogs”.



For today’s First Treasure, the topic is what great book blog have I discovered since last year’s BBAW.

This was actually pretty hard for me because almost all of the book blogs I read regularly are blogs I’ve been following for a long time. I have a few that I’ve added to my Google Reader in the past year and even among those, it was hard to pick only one.

The blogger I want to highlight today is Lisa at The Little Reader.

I started reading her blog sometime this past winter, most likely after I met and started chatting with her on Twitter. I enjoy reading her reviews and other posts. I love that she reads a variety of genres and types of books. Although we don’t always agree about individual books, I’ve come to respect her opinion and take her recommendations seriously. If you’re looking for interesting and entertaining reviews of an eclectic mix of book – please subscribe to The Little Reader. You won’t be sorry.

I attempted to join Lisa for a readalong earlier this year, but I failed miserably. She, on the other hand, did not. She totally rocked the readalong thing and now hosts regularly scheduled Little Readalongs. If you’re interested please check in and join in for one (or more) and cast your vote for upcoming readalong choices.




I’m so glad Lisa has joined the book blogging community – keep up the fantastic blogging, Lisa!

7 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow 9/13/2010 9:02 AM  

I like the look of your blog, and I'm definitely going to check out The Little Reader.

Here's my post:

Click my name for the URL

lisa (the little reader) 9/13/2010 9:07 AM  

wow, thank you so much for the spotlight! i'm flattered and honored!

it's funny that you mentioned the readalong because although i made it through that month, i did flop on one of the later months. regardless, it's been a good way to read books that i might not have picked up otherwise and i'm enjoying it.

thanks again!

gautami tripathy 9/13/2010 9:28 AM  

I am not familiar with her. Gotta check it out!


Here is my BBAW: First Treasure post!

Jenn's Bookshelves 9/13/2010 11:07 AM  

Going to check it out now!

Michelle 9/13/2010 6:27 PM  

Lisa is definitely worthy of being spotlighted! Thanks for sharing!

Beth F 9/13/2010 6:51 PM  

I have definitely discovered some great bloggers on twitter

SuziQoregon 9/18/2010 8:10 AM  

Laurel: thanks - I hope you checked out Lisa's blog.

Lisa: you deserved a spotlight - I love your blog. Glad you're enjoying the readalongs.

Guatami Tripathi: Well in that case, I'm really glad I spotlighted this one.

Jenn: just subscribe - trust me.

Michelle: I agree wholeheartedly.

Beth F: so many great blogs out there I didn't know about. One of the great parts of BBAW.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP