THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Book reviews, well that would require finishing books

>> Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's not that I haven't been reading, but it's just that I haven't been reading as much as normal. There are book reviews coming eventually, but it requires me actually finishing a book or two.

It's just that busy time of year with football season taking up weekends and normal day to day errands getting pushed to weekdays.



It also has to do with the fact that I'm participating in a readalong of Lonesome Dove. Because of that, part of my normal reading routine is devoted to a book that I won't finish for several more weeks. I am absolutely loving Lonesome Dove, though. I've wanted to read this for years and I'm so glad the readalong has convinced me to actually start.

So, I'm still here, I'm busy, I'm reading and I'm still blogging, but just at a bit of a slower pace for a few weeks.



This is the time of year I relish the days that don't involve long To Do lists and allow me to just spend a few hours curled up with a book. I'm hoping today turns out to be one of those days. If all goes according to plan, I've got a couple of them on the way next weekend too.


 11/8/10 Editing this post to add more - based on the initial comments people seem to be under the impression that I'm not finishing books and posting reviews because I'm reading books I don't want to read or books I feel like I have to read.  Trust me, nothing could be further from the truth.  I love all the books I'm currently reading.  None of them feel like a chore or homework.  The reason I'm not posting more than one review a week these days is simply lack of reading TIME. Those pesky annoyances of work and sleeping and life in general are eating up my reading time.

9 comments:

Les 11/07/2010 6:30 PM  

We've been sitting in front of the tv a lot this football season, too! Go Huskers! :)

helen 11/08/2010 8:01 AM  

Like your photos a lot. I have been known not to finish a book. If it's too violent, too boring, not well written. I try to chose books that I think will not be any of those. I sometimes feel guilty about doing it - but no too much!

Patty 11/08/2010 12:49 PM  

I know exactly how you feel...reading can become more like a job then the stimulating activity it should be...I think it is fine to push asided chore reading and just read what you want and do what you want...so you have my permission...hee hee hee...

SuziQoregon 11/08/2010 1:25 PM  

Les: yeah - it's the Saturdays where the whole day is either getting to the game and back or just watching all the games on TV that is cutting seriously into my reading time. I love college football though, so it's not really a complaint.

Helen: Thanks - I enjoy taking and sharing the photos. Oh, I'm not afraid to put aside a book I'm not enjoying at all. My problem lately is lack of time to read.

Patty: I'm not a fan of chore reading either, that's why I don't do challenges any more. My issue these days isn't that the books I'm reading aren't fun, it's total lack of time. Darn that working and sleeping that cuts into my reading time!! ;-)

Vickie 11/08/2010 6:52 PM  

Hope you get into your reading groove.
I know the feeling, it's why I don't join book clubs, reading would start to feel like homework. Or when a book arrives and requires a review....I am a mood reader, so I know I'd never make a good book editor or full time reviewer.

SuziQoregon 11/08/2010 7:28 PM  

Vickie: after your comment I had to edit the post and clarify. I'm not posting fewer reviews these days because I'm feeling forced to read books I don't want to read. I'm enjoying all the books I'm reading, I'm just not getting enough time to read them.

Vasilly 11/08/2010 7:45 PM  

I'm hearing lots of positive things about Lonesome Dove. I will pick it up someday. Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Eva 11/09/2010 9:39 AM  

What a comfy looking chair! I understand your lack of reading time: with moving & the DIY stuff of a new house, my reading time is lower than usual too. Lonesome Dove still scares me: I'm not a Western girl, and I tried reading it once and gave up after 3 pages. But seeing different bloggers enjoying it so much in the read-a-long is slooooowly making me reconsider. :)

SuziQoregon 11/17/2010 8:38 PM  

Vasilly: Oh I'm loving Lonesome Dove (I'm about halfway through). I'm so glad I finally read it. Now I need to get The Hubster to read it because I think he'd like it too.

Eva: it IS a comfy chair - perfect for a cup of tea and a book in the afternoon. Don't be afraid of Lonesome Dove - I'm not a big 'western' fan at all and that's one of the reasons I've delayed reading it. I do recommend it now.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP