THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Confessions of a Serial Reader – Cool site and I go public with a number

>> Friday, December 10, 2010


I’ve said many times that I have a ton of series that I’ve either started or wanted to start. I do keep track of them on my “To Be Read Spreadsheet”. Yes, it’s a multipage spreadsheet and not a list – I’m THAT geek. I’ve hesitated to admit just how many series there are on that spreadsheet, but now I have a reason to tell you.

Thanks to Swapna at SKrishna’s Books I have found the most wonderful website for series reading addicts. It’s called FictFact. Registration is free and you can find and follow series easily.


Can't remember what book is next? Want to see how many more are in a series? Want to know when the next one is coming out? This is the site for you.

I bit the bullet and dove in. I have set my list to public so that I can share it. There are (gulp) 62 series that I have either started or wanted to start.

In case you missed that number - here it is - loud and proud


That's right - even if I read a book a week from a current series, I won't hit every series in one year. No wonder I feel like I've neglected some of them. Maybe that's a good subject for next month's 'Confessions'.

You can see my list at this link:

FictFact has some wonderful features. I can get notification of upcoming books for those series where I’m waiting for the next one to be published. I can go to one page and see the list of the ‘next book’ in all my series. There isn’t an iphone app, but I can easily bring this page up when I’m at the bookstore. They're also very responsive. I emailed them yesterday afternoon with a couple of questions and suggestions. I heard back by last night and it turns out that one feature I'd asked about is already in the works and that my other suggestion is under consideration.

Another great future is that I’ve been able to connect with a few of my fellow blogging serial readers and can see what series they are reading or have read. This is great because after all, more series to read is just what I need, right?


What about you? Have you added up your current series? Are you willing to admit to a number?

10 comments:

Karen :) 12/10/2010 6:53 AM  

This looks awesome! Thanks for sharing! :)

Jen Forbus 12/10/2010 7:08 AM  

I started my FictFact page, but I haven't completed it yet. I'll share my number when I know for sure!

Jen - devourer of books 12/10/2010 9:28 AM  

I don't think of myself as a huge series reader, but I think I'm probably involved in more of them than I realize. I'll have to check this out!

Kerry 12/10/2010 4:14 PM  

116 - but I am current with 23 of those and 25 are planned rereads. All the same, it's an insane number and I didn't need that whole "can't get to all these in a year" fact pointed out to me!

You can see mine here if you like.

Bookfool 12/11/2010 9:10 PM  

Wow, very cool site! I'm not a series person, really, but I love the geek factor.

Carrie K. 12/12/2010 2:40 PM  

50. Sigh. Thanks for the head's up on the site - I'm definitely going to check it out!

Cozy in Texas 12/12/2010 7:26 PM  

Hello, I stopped by your blog today. Thanks for the link to the site. I like series too.
Ann

Sycorax Pine 12/13/2010 12:02 PM  

I am so glad you introduced me to fictfact! I am already up to 24 series, but I am sure that I have forgotten almost as many....

Les 12/15/2010 7:18 PM  

Holy cow! I'm going to have to look into this page. Sounds like it's perfect for this list-maker. :)

SuziQoregon 12/21/2010 1:44 PM  

Karen: it's a wonderful site - I'm so glad Swapna told me about it.

Jen F: I'll be curious to see how many series other folks I know are reading. We're definitely addicts.

Jen: Yeah, I don't seem to think of your blog as having a lot of series books, but you might be surprised if you decide to track them.

Kerry: LOL - sorry, guess I shouldn't have mentioned that little detail, huh?

Bookfool: Yes - it definitely appeals to my inner geek and excel spreadsheet lover.

Carrie: 50's really not too bad. What's bad is that I think I've already added 2 or 3 more series since this post went up ;-)

Ann: thanks for stopping by, if you're a series reader, I think you'll find FictFact quite worth bookmarking.

Sycorax Pine: Woo Hoo - glad you checked it out.

Les: Yes - listmakers, spreadsheet geeks, etc - great for all of us.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP