>> Tuesday, December 28, 2010
I’m only doing one challenge in 2011 and I’m only doing this one because it’s been one of my very favorites for the past three years. Originally hosted by Annie, it was taken over last year by the lovely Beth Fish Reads. The reason I love this challenge is that it allows for such a variety of books and flexibility while at the same time requiring some thought and creativity to find books that fit all the categories.
Here's How It Works
Between January 1 and December 31, 2011, read one book in each of the following categories:
- A book with a number in the title: First to Die, Seven Up, Thirteen Reasons Why
- A book with jewelry or a gem in the title: Diamond Ruby, Girl with a Pearl Earring, The Opal Deception
- A book with a size in the title: Wide Sargasso Sea, Small Wars, Little Bee
- A book with travel or movement in the title: Dead Witch Walking, Crawling with Zombies, Time Traveler's Wife
- A book with evil in the title: Bad Marie, Fallen, Wicked Lovely
- A book with a life stage in the title: No Country for Old Men, Brideshead Revisited, Bog Child
The book titles are just suggestions, you can read whatever book you want to fit the category.
Other Things to Know
- Books may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Books may not overlap categories; you need a different book for each category.
- Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed but encouraged.
- You do not have to make a list of books before hand.
- You do not have to read through the categories in any particular order.
I’m not going to commit to any specific books at this point, but here are some of the books I’m considering for each of the categories.
A book with a number in the title: Hostage Zero by John Gilstrap, 6th Target by James Patterson, The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff
A book with jewelry or a gem in the title: Flawless: Inside the Largest Diamond Heist in History by Scott Andrew Selby and Greg Campbell
A book with a size in the title: Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party by Alexander McCall Smith
A book with travel or movement in the title: Running from the Devil by Jamie Freveletti
A book with evil in the title: A Perfect Evil by Alex Kava
A book with a life stage in the title: The Burning Girl by Mark Billingham
If you’re interested in participating, this is the link to the information and sign up post.