THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Blood of My Brother by James Le Pore

>> Tuesday, January 11, 2011


Blood of My Brother by James Le Pore


Genre: Suspense
Publisher: The Story Plant
Publication Date: 2010
Pages: 313
Source: Sent to me by the author



The Short Version:
A New Jersey lawyer seeks both the truth about and revenge for his best friend’s murder as well as the identity and story of the woman involved.

Why I Read It:
I had read and enjoyed the author’s first book “A World I Never Made” so when he offered me a copy of this one I jumped at the chance.

The Book:
Newark attorney Jay Cassio is handling a complicated divorce case, representing the wife in a mess of high profile, high dollars and hints of scandalous accusations and shady business dealings. When his client’s severed head is found in the river and her husband is found dead, the authorities come to some pretty quick conclusions that Jay doesn’t necessarily agree with.

Jay’s best friend since childhood, Dan Del Colliano who works as an investigator, announces that he’s got a new client that he just might be in love with and he’s off to Florida to take care of returning some cash to her. Jay is suspicious, but knows Dan can take care of himself.

Isabel Perez is a beautiful woman who was raised in an orphanage in Mexico, but the man who took her into his household as a teenager didn’t exactly rescue her. She’s now trapped in a life she’s desperate to escape.

When Jay gets the news that his best friend has been brutally tortured and murdered in Florida he’s determined to find out who did it and see that they are punished.

My Thoughts:
This was another good suspense story from Le Pore. As with his first book there was an element of the protagonist being on the run from criminal elements way out of his league. Jay was not exactly a likeable hero, but I wanted him to succeed because he was up against some nasty criminals as well as the FBI. The story wasn’t all a fast paced on the run type of story and in fact, got a little slow at times, before hitting another stretch of tension and danger.

Some of the outcome was predictable. As an example, I knew the romance element was just around the corner, but there were plenty of surprises and twists along the way. The story of Jay and Dan’s friendship from childhood and the way their past has shaped their lives and cemented their friendship was as interesting to me as the present day story. There were good guys I liked, bad guys I despised, and enough action and suspense to keep me turning the pages.

I’ll be passing this one along to The Hubster and on the lookout for Le Pore’s next book.



Rating 4/5

0 comments:

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP